PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Soul IC

JBarca
2020-04-30, 10:01 PM
You’re entering your fourth week of travel at this point, and boredom has nearly set in. Fortunately, you had a brief respite from the trip at Inseong, the Empire’s last fortress against the wilds of the north, two weeks ago now. Though the Empress lays claim to much of the hilly grasslands past the fortification, she cannot be said to actually rule it. It is wild, untamed land whose resources nominally belong to imperial custodianship, nothing more.

You gathered final supplies, said farewell to walls, roofs, and floors, and headed northeast. At first, the hills kept you on your toes; anything could be hidden behind each rise and fall in the land, after all. But by the fourth day, “anything” tended to mean a nest of rabbits or a small herd of giant deer. At the very least hunting has been good.

You soon reached the very edge of Imperial cartography and were well beyond the reach of civilization. Each step you took saw you moving into territory that no one back home could have prepared you for…

And until a few days ago, it had been disappointingly mundane. More grass, more hills, more deer. You turned to head directly north, intending to meet up with the Gehum River and follow it into Daure. This should have taken another three or four days, at this rate. You thought.

The hours, then days, crawled by as the woods to your left grew less normal. The odd tree began to reach far above others. By the second morning, no tree (barring obvious saplings) stood less than one hundred feet high, and they only grew taller deeper into the forest. By day five, your daylight hours were nearly cut in half as the looming wall of trees blocks all light from the west.

It is during one such early evening that Raizen and Jade notice something different. A soft slapping in the distance… no! Water! You’ve neared your landmark, at last. You aren’t, in fact, hopelessly lost.

As the news is shared, though, something else catches your attention. There is a light creaking in the woods, then a figure, perched ten feet off the ground, becomes visible in the gloom. It is at an odd angle, with its taloned feet grasping the trunk of a behemoth of a tree and its body twisted mostly upright. Its head seems humanoid, its legs are digitigrade, and its arms have what might have once been great wings hanging beneath them. Now though, all that remain are long, thin, finger-like bones hanging from several points on the arm. What was once perhaps something like a harpy is now simply bone.

It jerks its head to the side in a very birdlike manner, watching your group. Its jaw pops open and closed quickly once, twice, and a third time before hanging loosely to allow a voice to speak.

“Greetings travellers. What business seek you here in the Waning North? Not oft are visitors to these lands filled with good intentions, and we cannot but notice that you are armed as if for battle.”

Snowbluff
2020-04-30, 11:30 PM
Nowhere Haze
Nowhere Haze (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2170712)
F LG Tielfing, Kytonborn Oracle 9 VMC Bard, Level 9, Init 1, HP 80/80, Speed 30
AC 24, Touch 16, Flat-footed 19, CMD 27, Fort 9, Ref 10, Will 7, CMB +11, Base Attack Bonus 6
Reach Longspear +10/+5 (1d8+14, x2)
/w inspire courage +13/+8 (1d8+17, )
Breast Plate (+7 Armor, +5 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 22
Condition None

"Greetings, fair creature. I am Nowhere. I serve Wee Jas, and I can assure you, I mean no harm," Nowhere says. She's a pale woman, with large curling horns. Her voice is sweet, but there is a weariness in her eyes. "We are on a quest to retrieve a prince of the land. Our journey has been long, but we are fortunate that we have no needed to use our arms as of late."

JBarca
2020-05-03, 03:06 PM
The creature again shifts its head, as though studying the party.

"A princeling seek you, Jasite? For what reason, ask I. Lo, this land is but overrun with princesses. Adding a prince reeks of waste! Those who call me sister would be most displeased to hear such talk."

Its jaws clack a bit, a sorry imitation of a brief laugh.

Snowbluff
2020-05-04, 04:15 PM
Nowhere Haze
AC 24, Touch 16, Flat-footed 19, CMD 27, Fort 9, Ref 10, Will 7, CMB +11, Base Attack Bonus 6
Condition None

Nowhere chuckles in response. "Tis a matter of duty, I'm afraid. As a dutiful representative of my Church, I must do my best to uphold our values and hark when the throne calls. Still, while one demonborne such as I would not be a sight for sore eyes, I'm sure that freeing one from capture would do well to lighten one's spirits," Nowhere ponders, looking to the side and tapping her chin. "Excuse me, but you have me at a disadvantage. If I do not call you sister, then what shall I call you?"

SOCIAL MIRRORING GO!
Diplomacy [roll0]

Also, may I make a knowledge check?

JBarca
2020-05-04, 04:49 PM
You can always feel free to make Knowledge checks - whether to ask questions about things going on, to satisfy idle curiosity, or to identify things. In this case, I've made a check for Nowhere. This seems to be a Dread Skeleton Harpy, which more or less is an Undead Harpy without flesh without the limitations of a run-of-the-mill skeleton.

"Ah, the twice-touched wandering the land, slave to the whims of duty. Indeed a grand tale and one of woe. I, since you ask so very politely, am Mouseau, daughter of the Queen Mother." It pauses for a moment, as if letting some great piece of news settle in your minds.

"Would that I could but aid you, Jasite Nowhere. You seem far from villainous indeed, and those with you must be will under the eaves of your reputation. But, alas, that which you seek is beyond my sight. My creche-sisters and I are, like you, bound to duty. We dare not leave these woods lest the unwary enter the lands of Daure. I consider this mission satisfied, however, as your sight is not clouded. I shall not bar your way."

DigiReave
2020-05-06, 03:38 PM
Kay Luna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2175052)
C N Half-Celestial, Fetchling Gunslinger MM 5, Witch WHW 2, Level 7 (9), Init 13, HP 60/60, DR DR 5 / Magic, Speed 30, 60Fly (Good)
AC 24, Touch 19, Flat-footed 16, CMD 27, Fort 9, Ref 13, Will 8, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 6
+1 Light Cannon (Cannon Balls | 25 Gunpowder) 15????? (6d6+8, x4)
+1 Musket (Alchemical Cartridges) 15 (1d12+8, x4)
Hair +7 (1d6+6, x2)
+50% carry weight +1 Burdenless Darkleaf Cloth Studded Leather (+4 Armor, +7 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 25, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 12
Condition None
Kay looks a bit perplexed" 'Ello, y'know what dis t'ing is on about haze?" Kay pulls out her rifle and begins cleaning all the dust and dirt that has accumulated from these travels

Snowbluff
2020-05-09, 08:50 PM
Nowhere Haze
Condition None

Nowhere curtsies. "I thank you."

She leans to Kay to convey what she knows. "I believe she is referring to the queen of Daure. Creatures such as this kind soul are in Her majesty's service as guards. In keeping with their duty, however, they cannot follow us to aid in our journey."

JBarca
2020-05-10, 11:52 AM
The creature - Mouseau - nods once and jumps, gliding backwards into the woods until she is lost from sight.

Just Helping
2020-05-10, 03:45 PM
Jade Arsinoe

Jade watches Mouseau jump into the woods with a polite smile on her face. "Well, you don't see that everyday." Jade looks over to Nowhere. "Surprised you know so much about Daure, Nowhere. You happen to know where town is?"

Jade Arsinoe (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2170518)

F NN Aasimar (appears human) Stalker 7, Init +12, HP 62/62, move 30 [teleport 10]
AC 25 t19 ff16, CMD 25 fCMD 16, Fort +10 Ref +18 Will +15, CMB = BAB = +6

+1 Keen Waveblade: +13 vs AC, d6+7 P, 15-20/x2
Unarmed Strike: +12 vs AC, d3+6 B, 20/x2

+1 Mithral Chain Shirt (+5 Armor +6 Dex +3 Dodge +1 Natural)

Abilities: Str 10 Dex 22 Con 14 Int 14 Wis 22 Cha 10

DigiReave
2020-05-13, 05:16 PM
Kay Luna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2175052)
C N Half-Celestial, Fetchling Gunslinger MM 5, Witch WHW 2, Level 7 (9), Init 13, HP 60/60, DR DR 5 / Magic, Speed 30, 60Fly (Good)
AC 24, Touch 19, Flat-footed 16, CMD 27, Fort 9, Ref 13, Will 8, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 6
+1 Light Cannon (Cannon Balls | 25 Gunpowder) 15????? (6d6+8, x4)
+1 Musket (Alchemical Cartridges) 15 (1d12+8, x4)
Hair +7 (1d6+6, x2)
+50% carry weight +1 Burdenless Darkleaf Cloth Studded Leather (+4 Armor, +7 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 25, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 12
Condition None]

T'was a weird crow Kay says oddly t'Where we'll be headed now we've found water Kay puts an odd emphasis on her final word

Sjlver
2020-05-15, 09:37 PM
Chaotic Neutral Human Magus
Forgive me for not listing all the details. It's late and my character sheet is in the discord.

Friend Allen Hazel crosses his gargantuan arms across his massive, bare bear frame.
"I can't say I'm one who knows his way around Bwahahahahaha!" His thunderous bellowing sends birds fleeing from the trees in one mass exodus. He poses in a way to get max volume out of his muscles.
"But if any adversary crosses our path, rest assured that your mighty Friend Allen Hazel shall deliver righteous justice with his fists! His fists of friendship! Bwahahahaha! Another laugh erupts through the forest and sends any rooks holding out shooting into the sky like a flock of birds fleeing from a very loud man.

Yasahiro
2020-05-17, 04:27 PM
Raizen Laplace (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2179228)
Male Neutral Good Elan Warsoul, Level 9, Init 2, HP 85/85, Speed 30
AC 24, Touch 12, Flat-footed 22, CMD 20, Fort 8, Ref 10, Will 16, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 9, Power Points 14/14
Mind Blade Orc Hornbow(Mindblade) +17/+12 (2d6+8, )
It allows the wearer to use fly on command (as the spell) once per day. Celestial Plate Armor (+12 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 26, Cha 10
Condition None

"And when needed, you can count on my arrows." said Raizen, and yet there was no bow or quiver slung on his body, only a curious glove, seemingly ornamental, on his right hand. A man dressed in white robes, with red long hair and piercing blue eyes. At times he did seem unnatural in behavior as he travelled, as if forgetting to attach a facial expression to an emotion expressed or so. But, in terms of words at least, he had seemed friendly.

Case in point, he only added that smile now. "Although I do wonder, what else do you think we can expect to see in these woods?"

Just Helping
2020-05-21, 02:47 PM
Jade Arsinoe

Jade contemplates the local area for a moment before replying. "Hard to say exactly, in a foreign nation like this, but looks like we're possibly headed for some more folk of the supernatural bent. They'd probably want to set up shop by the river, so they might be able to point us in the right direction." Jade pauses before continuing just as cheerfully as before.

"Assuming they're not territorial and decide to fight us to the death, anyway."