PDA

View Full Version : Your coolest powers & coolest moments - or, "what would the BBEG ban?"

Quertus
2020-05-01, 10:07 AM
So, suppose that a new BBEG hit the scene. Instead of confronting you directly, he prefers to remain hidden, behind the scenes. Traveling back in time, and wielding the power of the most feared artifact in the game, the Ban Hammer, he retroactivity removes one or more "feature" from your character, and/or from the party.

What would be ban? What cool moments would not exist because of this? And what would have happened to your party without these aces?

Elkad
2020-05-01, 10:52 AM
Intelligence?

Set the party intmod to (null) and they cease to be a problem.

Khedrac
2020-05-01, 10:52 AM
Baelful Polymorph and Disintergrate - my DM has a habit of rolling low on saving throws just when it really, really matters.

Saintheart
2020-05-01, 10:53 AM
I think my BBEG would have banned Polymorph. Wyrmlord Kharn at the Battle of Brindol had a terrible time with a Cave Troll cleric of war in one of my campaigns, and that was after Skather the assassin had the Coffinmaker's Shop brought down around his ears by a Treat Barbarian (who would have been immune to the poison arrows Skather had ready to go had the party stepped into the open in human form.)