PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Mythical Beast

sleepyhead
2020-05-01, 06:43 PM
This beast of myth is a chicken that has been crossed with a dragon. It stands 16 ft. tall, has wings, legs, and a mace-like stinger of a wyvern. While the origin is unknown it has been verified by true dragons that the Mythical beast is not a naturally occurring creature. After hundreds of years of its existence these creatures now live in desert areas. They are scarcely bred because of their large size and power but for those who do have access to their eggs and can be used for transportation and battle.

Mythical Beast

Large Monstrosity, unaligned

Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 110 (13d10 + 39)
Speed 40 ft., fly 20 ft.

STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA

19 (+4)
10 (+0)
16 (+3)
2 (-4)
12 (+1)
6 (-2)

Skills Perception +4
Senses passive Perception 14
Languages —
Challenge 6 (2,300 XP)

Clumsy Flyer. A mythical beast cannot sustain flight for more than one turn.

ACTIONS
Multiattack. The mythical beast makes two attacks: one with its peck and one with its stinger. While flying, it can use its talon in place of one other attack.

Peck. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 10 ft., one creature. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage.

Talon. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) slashing damage.

Sting. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 10 ft., one creature. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage. The target must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw, taking 24 (7d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Fire Breath (Recharge 5-6). The Mythical Beast exhales fire in a 30-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw, taking 56 (16d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

SinkMaster
2020-05-02, 06:36 PM
Funny one! lol. Liked this one. I've not done the mats, but think the damage and HP are ok. The Clumsy Flyer ability is very good, but I think it removes almost everything the flight speed raise in CR, am I right? Again, cool one.

sleepyhead
2020-05-03, 02:01 PM
Stole the Clumsy Flyer from the D&D wiki (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Chicken_(5e_Creature)). Not really sure how CR is calculated but yeah it probably would decrease it, though the breath attack might make up for it. Glad you liked it.