PDA

View Full Version : ZARIEL 3.5 stats

alex1g
2020-05-02, 12:10 PM
Anyone have ZARIEL 3.5 stats.

the_tick_rules
2020-05-02, 02:32 PM
I checked book of vile darkness and tyrants of the nines hells, the two books where she would likely be, she's referenced but no stats. Maybe she doesn't have any? She's a fallen angel so maybe if you want to make them use the fallen angel type, erinye or something, then buff her until she's comparable to Bel if you want her to show up?

Telonius
2020-05-02, 02:43 PM
I believe she was supposed to be imprisoned during 3.5's entire publishing run, so they never statted her.

Afghanistan
2020-05-02, 02:51 PM
I believe she was supposed to be imprisoned during 3.5's entire publishing run, so they never statted her.

This is correct. Statting out Zariel wouldn't be too difficult. Just make her a Lawful Evil Solar, fiddle with her stats a bit, give her some abilities common to the Lords of the Nine, and be on with your day.

hamishspence
2020-05-02, 02:59 PM
She's a fallen angel so maybe if you want to make them use the fallen angel type, erinye or something, then buff her until she's comparable to Bel if you want her to show up?

Might depend on how recently she's Fallen. Baalzebul's a fallen Archon, who fell some time after the first Lords of the Nine (Asmodeus, Mephistopheles, Dispater, maybe Belial) did, but his statblock isn't much like that of a Throne Archon or of any of the Celestial Hebdomad.

5e Zariel, if I remember rightly, has the Fiend type rather than the Celestial type - so she should probably be a full Fiend in 3.5 too, rather than an Evil Celestial like Sertrous's minion Avamerin. Especially since she was the Lord of The First, till Bel usurped her.

ixrisor
2020-05-02, 06:00 PM
5e Zariel, if I remember rightly, has the Fiend type rather than the Celestial type - so she should probably be a full Fiend in 3.5 too, rather than an Evil Celestial like Sertrous's minion Avamerin. Especially since she was the Lord of The First, till Bel usurped her.

No such thing as fiend type, although there are some subtypes which are common to demons or devils. She would be an [evil] outsider

hamishspence
2020-05-02, 06:10 PM
5e has no Outsider type - Fiend and Angel are types rather than subtypes in it, which was the point I was making, regarding "how to convert 5e Zariel to 3e".

Obviously 3e Zariel would be an Outsider - the question is, would she, as an Archdevil (albeit a newer one than some of them) have the [Evil] subtype, and be considered a Baatezu as well, with the Nine Hells counting as her "home plane", making her fully a Fiend for the purposes of prestige classes, certain BOVD spells, and the like?

I'd go with "yes" - she's newer than, say, Dispater, but she's been in the Hells long enough to be fully a devil, and fully integrated into the Baatezu.