PDA

View Full Version : Relentless hex without Hexblade?

Robert's Dragon
2020-05-02, 08:58 PM
I'm currently playing a Redemption Paladin/Celestial Warlock. I'm currently thinking about taking the Relentless Hex invocation. In order for this to work, I'd have to use the Hex spell to fuel it. I'm concerned about doing that because a lot of useful Paladin spells require concentration too (Bless, Thunderous Smite, Holy Weapon, etc). Basically, my question is would this be a good use of an invocation? If not, what other invocations would you recommend? Any help would be appreciated.

Expired
2020-05-03, 01:25 AM
I'm currently playing a Redemption Paladin/Celestial Warlock. I'm currently thinking about taking the Relentless Hex invocation. In order for this to work, I'd have to use the Hex spell to fuel it. I'm concerned about doing that because a lot of useful Paladin spells require concentration too (Bless, Thunderous Smite, Holy Weapon, etc). Basically, my question is would this be a good use of an invocation? If not, what other invocations would you recommend? Any help would be appreciated.
There are better uses for an Eldritch Invocation such as Devil's Sight (for Darkness + DS and advantage/trivantage if Elven with Elven Accuracy) and Agonizing Blast (for a ranged option that scales with Cha).

Hex is better the more attacks you can make but Paladins don't need it as much because they have Divine Smite. To maximize DPR, I would wield a glaive/halberd and take PAM + GWM (which combines nicely with Darkness + DS). S&B is a good option, too, if you desire to max AC.