PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder (Fate/) Fate - Beings of the Grand Order

MalsvirT
2020-05-03, 07:10 AM
I am the bone of my PDF

Contrarily to what the title may imply, this new PDF from yours truly aims to convert creatures from all the Fate series and the Nasuverse in general, no just Grand Order. It's just that, at the moment, i can't wrap my head around some things, so i'm posting it here as it's in a presentable state.
I've tried to make it so that the creatures can be slotted into a general campaign without needing to resort to using the Fate setting. Of course, anyone wanting to make such a campaign probably already knows the various character's roles already.

Fate - Beings of the Grand Order contains stats for numerous enemies encountered in the world of Fate. From the world ending Evils of Humanity to more general down to earth monsters, everyone is sure to find something that strikes their fancy. Still, Spoiler Alert for Fate/Grand Order, as, while i've tried to stay setting neutral, some things are still possibly spoilery. Also, NSFW Alert for some artwork, on the level of the Succubus or Erynes official art.

Inside you will find:

Lore extracted and adapted from the Official Material Books of the Fate universe
Stats for 14 monsters of the Fate series, including 4/5 Beasts and their subtype and traits
Artwork mostly from the game itself
And more

Summon it for yourselves here: Fate - Beings of the Grand Order (https://drive.google.com/open?id=18kAXvgyLI7J4_Yx-HWtLA9rg8LsYaMTe)

Credits to all the sources i managed to give. If you hold the credit for anything you recognize as yours in this PDF, or you can identify the artist, tell me and it shall be added to the appendix credits.

Any question, critique, typo and request for clarification is much welcome.

And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

FAQ

Q: Why isn't [X] in?
A: I intend to add to this PDF as i wrap my head around more stuff. Some things can be adapted from other published material, like the ever present Wyverns, using all Evil Outsiders to represent the Demons in the game, or using Pathfinder's Ahriman to connect to Angra Mainyu. I'll try to resurrect this thread when i update it.

Q: X doesn't work like that!
A: This is an adaptation, so some form of change for the sake of game balancing must happen. In particular, Primate Murder is mostly headcanon as to how he works, as we've never seen him actually fight, and i had already made him some time ago for my game. To me, it makes sense how he works, but i'm open to critique, of course.

MalsvirT
2020-05-03, 07:11 AM
Beast II, Lahmu

This gangling being hold itself erect trough four pointy legs, while a body dangles lifeless under a head locked in a toothy grin

LAHMU CR 13
XP 25,600
CE Large Aberration (beast of disaster, evil)
Init +13; Senses darkvision 90 ft.; Perception +26
Aura unnatural aura (30 ft.)
DEFENSE
AC 28, touch 26, flat-footed 37 (+6 Dex +12 natural, +1 dodge, -1 size)
hp 189 (18d8+108); fast healing 10
Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +14
DR 10/magic SR 24
OFFENSE
Speed 40ft., swim 60 ft.
Melee 4 talons +21 (1d10+8/19-20)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks create spawn, leaping charge, rend (2 talons or charge, 2d10+16 and 1d6 Strength), shrill laughter
STATISTICS
Str 27, Dex 22, Con 22, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 15
Base Atk +13; CMB +22; CMD 39
Feats Alertness, Critical Focus, Dodge, Improved Critical (talon), Iron Will, Mobility, Sickening Critical, Spring Attack, Weapon Focus (talon)
Skills Acrobatics +27, Climb +29, Intimidate +23, Linguistics +20, Perception +26, Stealth +23
Languages Unknown, Common, other languages; telepathy (unlimited, Tiamat only)
SQ amphibious, authority of the beast, compression, self-sustenance
ECOLOGY
Environment any
Organization Solitary, pair or community (3-12 plus 1-3 bel lahmu)
Treasure standard
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Create Spawn (Su) A humanoid brought to 0 Strength by a lahmu's rend mutates into a new lahmu in one hour. All its former memories are lost. Killing the creature before the transformation is complete halts it. Otherwise, the creature can only return to its normal self by using a miracle or wish after Tiamat is killed (in addition to the eventual resurrection)
Leaping Charge (Ex) A lahmu can jump while charging, allowing it to ignore difficult terrain. When a lahmu makes a charge in this way, it can use its rend ability if it hits with at least one attack.
Rend (Ex) When a lahmu makes a rend attack, it messes with target's muscles, inflicting 1d6 points of Strengh drain. They can also drain the Strength of an helpless creature without inflicting hit point damage.
Self-Sustenance (Ex) Lahmu do not need to eat or sleep.
Shrill Laughter (Ex) A lahmu can laugh unnervingly at a single creature as a standard action. The creature is affected by a dispel magic with a caster level equal to the Lahmu's CR. In addition, the creature must succeed at a DC 21 Will save or gain the frightened condition for 1d10 rounds. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Laḫmu are new Demonic Beasts birthed from Tiamat's body and her Chaos Tide, even able to manifest from just a detached piece of her flesh. They are designed to be the "perfect mortals," the next generation of beings to take the planet from the old humanity. They possess immunity to her Chaos Tide and her qualities as spawn of Beast II.
They have all components necessary to survive within them, lacking the need to eat others for sustenance and possessing no digestive organs. Lahmu reproduce by tearing humanoids apart and remaking them. This allows them to increase their numbers as they fight. Some, rarely, show some remainder of their previous personalities, but these are such exceptional cases they should not be counted on. Lahmu speak Tiamat's language, but delight imitating the tongues of the humanoids they replace, as if to mock them.
Lahmus are destined to evolve into greater forms. The most common, the bel lahmu, gains wings and a fly speed of 60 feet (good maneuverability) and a +2 bonus in Intelligence (putting its skill points in the Fly skill). Eventually, lahmu unlock their inner beast potential, gaining mythic ranks, usually starting with the invincible simple templateMA.

RecordedChaos
2020-05-05, 11:22 PM
Have you taken a look at the Zodiac class from Lost Spheres publishing? It is really similar to the idea of a Fate/Stay champion summoner.