PDA

View Full Version : Question about Soulknife possibilities

Ourian7491
2020-05-05, 05:57 PM
I have a few questions, but first, a little info

I have the "Lighten weapon" feats with Mind Blade as the chosen weapon from Path of War.

I know this sounds a little on the weird side, but I am able to wield 2H as if it were 1H, and a 1H as if it were Light

so with the TWF feat, they should only incur a -4 penalty if both are 2H, and only a -2 penalty if I have a 2H and 1H combo.

So with that out of the way, here are my questions

1) Is it possible to actually make 2 mindblades that are Two-Handed, or at least 1 each of 2H and 1H?

2) If the above is a possibility, how do I go about doing this?

Nifft
2020-05-05, 06:09 PM
Since you mention Path of War, I'm guessing you mean the Pathfinder Soulknife.

In that case, the Psychic Armory / Panoply of Blades variant can create multiple 2H blades... terms and conditions may apply, of course.

Ourian7491
2020-05-05, 06:22 PM
So would that be the only way? or is there a way that a Shielded Blade/Gifted Blade Soulknife can also do something similar?

Segev
2020-05-05, 06:23 PM
So would that be the only way? or is there a way that a Shielded Blade/Gifted Blade Soulknife can also do something similar?

Shielded Blade creates a shield; isn't that a 1H-weapon?

Ourian7491
2020-05-05, 06:48 PM
Oh right... I'm so damn dumb I completely forgot that I can still make Shield Bashes with the Mind Shield lmao

Thanks for the reminder

Segev
2020-05-05, 07:54 PM
Oh right... I'm so damn dumb I completely forgot that I can still make Shield Bashes with the Mind Shield lmao

Thanks for the reminder

I’m not sure how obvious it is; I was playing around with TWF sword and board builds and the soulknife about two months ago, so it was fresh in my mind.

There are some neat feats in pathfinder for it. And if you’re doing path of war, check out iron tortoise. If you’re feeling cheesy, examine broken blade and remember that it technically says you get your mind shield bonus when you have a free hand, not that you’re holding a shield. (Might not apply to the shielded blade’s version of it, now that I think of it, though. And it’s cheesy anyway.)