PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Warlock/Binder theurge. Adaption of Anima Mage

redking
2020-05-06, 06:34 AM
I whipped up a warlock adaption for anima mage because I couldn't find anything satisfying. It has the same power level of anima mage, so it should be no issue to deploy in a campaign.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

PDF file here. (https://1drv.ms/b/s!At1QqAc0yBQTgYRafgkKWoYvkioAsg?e=94d3ux)

Elves
2020-05-06, 02:43 PM
It's a flavorful combo. Possibly you should have to pick a specific vestige as your warlock patron and then you get special bonuses with them, but you have to show their influence and sign. Maybe it's a "permanent pact" that you can't swap out.

The last two abilities aren't flavorful. I'd remove or redo. Treacherous blast of the void could maybe be remote targeting for eldritch blast -- say your eldritch blasts get shot out of small portals to the void that appear at remote locations.

Trick vestige is good but I think there needs to be an ability that unites your invocations and your vestige abilities into a unified playstyle. Maybe it's gaining certain vestige abilities as invocations, maybe it's just a synergy.

The simple way to do a synergy is buffs or debuffs where one half of your abilities sets up the other. Hit target with eldritch blast, they take penalty to save vs vestige effects for one round. Affect target with vestige ability, you gain +x eldritch blast damage against them for one round.