PDA

View Full Version : Epic wargtime

Alhallor
2020-05-06, 06:51 AM
Epic wargtime. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16y8EumecAvojm7FpJd-qz4_fHE6HIsYw-E8LPfVaaFs/edit?usp=sharing)

The other two Wargs stand up and follow you. The Speaker warg is hot on your tail and the dire Wolves are also hot on your tail, beginning to surround the tree.

WindStruck
2020-05-06, 02:16 PM
With giant wolves and evil worgs on his tail, Larimar begins scrambling up the tree. Definitely fearful for his life, he still isn't frantic and filled with panic, as he's pretty sure he's got a plan.

Ok, I'm kind of forgetting exactly what Steadfast Climber did for me. It is just +4 to climb checks, and I can take 10 on any climb checks, right?

If this is the case, I'd be able to get to the top of branch (as seen on D26, but vertically above from where Larimar currently is) by using accelerated climbing (-5 penalty) and taking 10 (for a total check of 15), and the climb skill also lists trees as typically being DC 15, so we should be gucci!

Alhallor
2020-05-07, 02:10 AM
Worgs (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16y8EumecAvojm7FpJd-qz4_fHE6HIsYw-E8LPfVaaFs/edit?usp=sharing)

Yes it was a +4 on Climb checks and you can take climb checks even while threathened. Because climbing is part of a move action you still have a Standard Action. Which you may or may not use to belittle the little wolfies down there.

WindStruck
2020-05-07, 02:59 AM
With accelerated climbing, I can move at HALF speed. Which means, a single move action could be moving up 15 ft vertically. I think I need to climb more than 15 ft to get to where I'm at, right?

Alhallor
2020-05-07, 03:59 AM
Oh, you're right. You're climbing not flying.

"Ior, get him down!"

Bellows the worg below you and the one who wanted to eat a leg (I call him leg from now on) says. "On it!" He looks at you and you see a big sharp crystal forming before his eyes, in the blink of an eye it fly's towards you and try's to skewer you!

[roll0] This is a touch attack. If it hits.
[roll1] Piercing Damage.
You're feeting is steady enough that you don't need to make a check to keep your balance.

The worg who wanted to eat an arm (I call him arm from now on) let his mouth hang open and salivates heavily.

WindStruck
2020-05-07, 02:42 PM
Larimar grunts as the icicle thing slams into him. "Nnng! Is that all you got?! I dare you to try that again!!" he says, taunting that same worg and glaring down at it as he pulls out his Luna bow.

Touch attack?! Jiminy Crickets! Sorta barely hit me too. Ouch.

Pulling out the bow: move action.

Standard action: Readying to attack that worg when it begins casting a spell again.

Alhallor
2020-05-08, 11:16 AM
"you're a tough little guy aren't ya?" Says leg (Ior?) and seems to concentrate again.

take your readied action.

The speaker says to arm. "Damn it cruk, the pipsqueak doesn't now anything." you think there is a slight pressure building up inside your skull. Though that could also be adrenaline speaking.

WindStruck
2020-05-08, 04:46 PM
Larimar unleashes an arrow directed at that worg…

attack: [roll0]

damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Nonlethal

Almost certain these things count as a Magical Creature, so my favored enemy applies. :smallwink:

Alhallor
2020-05-10, 05:37 AM
It applies.

The worg is hit by an arrow and yelps audibly. Probably losing that power he was building up. "Damn it I want that little rat down!" Yells the speaker. The last one is still looking at you and the dire wolves are circling the tree.

Listen check, please and your next action.

WindStruck
2020-05-10, 06:54 AM
listen: [roll0]

I'm planning to shoot that worg I just hit three more times now, but to be on the safe side, I'm wondering what that listen check is for. It just might change what I do.

Welp, that's ****, but if it's vs a magic beast, it's a 12... :smalltongue:

Alhallor
2020-05-10, 01:10 PM
It is a magical beast but it's sadly not enough. You can shoot, because that will change the action of whatever did make the noise.

WindStruck
2020-05-10, 03:53 PM
"Hey, you all still wanted some tribute, right? Don't worry, I can give you arrows for days!" Larimar says, as he unleashes a small volley at the same worg.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1] + [roll2] nonlethal

attack: [roll3]
damage: [roll4] + [roll5] nonlethal

attack: [roll6]
damage: [roll7] + [roll8] nonlethal

Alhallor
2020-05-11, 02:44 AM
The warg you shot, goes down (though definitely not dead.)

"You Little!" Screams the Speaker und try's to jumps up, struggles and fails.

Make a will save.

WindStruck
2020-05-11, 05:01 AM
will: [roll0]

Nice! Didn't botch an important roll for once!

Do I know where that need to make a will save is coming from? I'm thinking that'll be my next target.

Alhallor
2020-05-11, 05:33 AM
I'm very sorry but you're just one point off. You can spellcraft what happens now and the latter spell if you want to. You're slowly building headache get's more severe and reaches it's Peak when a Crystal Bursts out of your skull and into the maw of the worg who just stared at you. Dealing [roll0] damage and two intelligence damage (you regenerate one point per day. Or perhaps Thaum knows a way to heal this faster.)

The worg lays the crystal in his mouth down gently and looks up at you leering hungrily.

The speaker says "Good, you have your plaything now get it down.

On the other branch lands the Nemesis owl the Worgs talked with before, shocking them and it asks. "Do you need help, little apprentice?"

Oh and it's your turn.

WindStruck
2020-05-11, 05:46 AM
Quite a high DC there... Can't help feeling a bit misled when it seems all of these worgs have spells! And now a nemesis owl!!

Time to bail!

You have an updated map?

Alhallor
2020-05-11, 05:51 AM
MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16y8EumecAvojm7FpJd-qz4_fHE6HIsYw-E8LPfVaaFs/edit?usp=sharing) Well if it would be normal worgs they probably would not be able to lead Dire Wolves.

WindStruck
2020-05-11, 06:19 AM
"Why yes, I'd love some help!" Larimar exclaims at the owl, noting that the situation was going from bad to worse. He activates his healing belt at full capacity.

"Oh, but you didn't mean me, did you? That's okay, here's a riddle instead:" he begins, pulling a scroll out of his bag.

"What has seven legs, spits acid, and eats dire wolves for breakfast?"

Actually, I won't be moving yet. But let me know if the map changes for next round!

Actions: healing [roll0] HP

and pulling out a scroll of invisibility.

Alhallor
2020-05-11, 06:32 AM
It... Does. Maps (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16y8EumecAvojm7FpJd-qz4_fHE6HIsYw-E8LPfVaaFs/edit?usp=sharing)

"Oh, I know that one It's Me Isn't IT?"

The owl before you changes into a giant seven-legged spider. The branch breaks and the giant thing goes down... It seems to spit acid everywhere around. The Worgs and the Wargs jump away in horror. "You damn crazy thing, you're supposed to be on our side!"

WindStruck
2020-05-11, 07:59 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/a1aac492b82627358c473f7e221427c4/tenor.gif
Larimar's jaw drops, flabbergasted. Despite having a rather damaged head, there was still some wit in there, apparently...

"Uh.. Yes! That's right!"

"But now I'm curious: how many dire wolves can a giant, seven-legged, acid-spitting spider eat in two minutes?"

Before waiting for an answer, Larimar casts a spell and bolts!

Holy crap! That was only just a joke to hopefully delay owl some. And it would provide a nice little one-liner as I attempted an escape. Welp, don't think I could ever say you haven't been generous! Unless that thing turns around and eats me...

I'll cast Expeditious Retreat and then jump off the branch, booking it south. This should put Larimar roughly 60 ft southward now, minus going through difficult terrain or needing to go around obstacles.

tumble: [roll0]

And purposely jumping down means the first 1d6 damage are nonlethal. But if I don't get a 15 on tumble, that means 2 damage dies regardless...

damage: [roll1] + [roll2] on tumble fail.

Alhallor
2020-05-12, 03:07 AM
:smallbiggrin: I enjoy your reactions to events very much. Also I think I noticed somewhere that these things are crazy... And powerful. Perhaps even crazypowerful? And what Larimar sayd was just such an excellent setup. Well let's see if it will turn around and eat you, shall we? [roll0]

The spider runs towards the southeast, trampling over underbrush without it slowing down and even crawling over some small trees that creak audibly when the giant thing puts it's weight on them. The Wolves and wargs are too terrified to go near the thing, some chase Larimar but with his heightened speed and the… Distraction he can lose them and then safely return towards Rabiton.