PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Creating a Telekinetic Ranged Fighter

werescythe
2020-05-06, 05:43 PM
So I've seen the new Psionic UA and while I'm not a huge fan of them replacing Aberrant Mind (personally I would like for them to treat Aberrant Mind and Psychic Soul as opposite sides of the same coin, like with the Inquisitor and the Master Mind, but that's just me), I do like what they did with the Psi-knight and as I read it, I couldn't help but think of Mikoto from A Certain Scientific Railgun (I know she technically uses electricity, it just reminds me of my old Rifts day when I used telekinetic acceleration to kill everything with my psychic character).

I just LOVE the idea of have a character that perhaps uses a ranged weapon like a slingshot (basically a sling) to hit enemies dealing additional force damage and pushing them back telekinetically combined with the telekinesis feat for all that telekinetic fun.

My question is what are some good ways to improve on this concept. What are some good feats that could go with the theme? The theme being a ranged fighter that can also use telekinesis to fight enemies.

werescythe
2020-05-07, 03:09 PM
Wow, plenty of views but not a lot of feedback, that is kind of depressing. :smalleek:

Seekergeek
2020-05-07, 03:45 PM
I think part of the problem with threads that posit things like "I want to be like X from source material Y!" is that unless the reader is familiar with the character and/or the source material, they don't feel like they can contribute.

I, for one, am not familair with your source material or the character so despite having read the thread earlier I didn't reply. So coming at it cold, for me, ultimately that concept could be better accomplished reflavouring the battlemaster and it's maneouvers. Know your enemy could also just as easily be cast as a psychic ability.

Segev
2020-05-07, 04:01 PM
Didn't Mikoto just shoot coins really fast?

I'd have to dig out the UA again to comment in depth, as I didn't pay a lot of attention to the fighter subclass. IIRC, the TK is pretty well baked-in, so you get what you want there. Did it give a lot of pushing/shoving? Or is it more of a "my weapon is a dancing weapon, now" sort of deal?

Nifft
2020-05-07, 04:24 PM
Mikoto from A Certain Scientific Railgun. I just LOVE the idea of have a character that perhaps uses a ranged weapon like a slingshot (basically a sling) to hit enemies dealing additional force damage and pushing them back telekinetically combined with the telekinesis feat for all that telekinetic fun.

My question is what are some good ways to improve on this concept. What are some good feats that could go with the theme?

She's telekinetic?

From a quick wiki-walk, it looked like her thing was intimating a rail-gun, which is more like a fancy crossbow and not at all like telekinesis.

Eldariel
2020-05-07, 05:00 PM
Mikoto? Mikasa?

werescythe
2020-05-07, 06:04 PM
She's telekinetic?

From a quick wiki-walk, it looked like her thing was intimating a rail-gun, which is more like a fancy crossbow and not at all like telekinesis.

What I meant was that the class reminded me of the character and that I would like to create a ranged themed telekinesis fighter.

Sorry for the confusion.