PDA

View Full Version : What characters (class, race, ect) would be thematic for princes of the apocalypse?

Rfkannen
2020-05-06, 09:21 PM
My descent into avernus campaign was put on hold when the whole social distancing thing started, but we said that after we finished descent into avernus we were probably going to do princes of the apocolypse.

It was super awesome being a cleric in Avernus, not because I was particularly powerful (I honestly wasn't as I was one of the least optimized characters in the party, the paladin definitely took the power cake) but because it was so thematic to the adventure. Playing the holy men in hell was.... so cool. And also trying to redeem people as a lawful good person was a ton of fun. My only wish was that I had picked lathander as my god instead of ilmater, being a cleric of lathander in that adventure would be so cool!!

I don't want to spoil myself for this adventure, but I do want to play another character that pairs well with the campaign. Any tips?

OldTrees1
2020-05-06, 09:34 PM
Well the big thing about Princes of the Apocalypse is that there is something secret going on that the PCs don't already know about.

So the most thematic characters for Princes of the Apocalypse would be ones made without knowing the themes of Princes of the Apocalpse.

Just make an interesting character that is willing to fight as part of a team. Perhaps be willing to travel. Oh and it is wise if your character would be adverse to an apocalypse.

I went in with an ex Guild Thief turned Paladin of Light (encouraging people to let their light shine).
We had a neat cast of companions:
A Goliath Barbarian, A Dragonborn Necromancer, and A Noble with some Lockpicks to name 3.

Rfkannen
2020-05-06, 09:40 PM
Well the big thing about Princes of the Apocalypse is that there is something secret going on that the PCs don't already know about.

So the most thematic characters for Princes of the Apocalypse would be ones made without knowing the themes of Princes of the Apocalpse.

Just make an interesting character that is willing to fight as part of a team. Perhaps be willing to travel. Oh and it is wise if your character would be adverse to an apocalypse.

Good to know! Allright ill not pry any further (don't want to get spoiled if its a mystery) but the being a character who wouldn't want there to be an apocalypse is important, a lot of my characters wouldn't mind lol. Maybe I'll play a druid? I could see it now, a nomadic druid sort of based off of snufkin from moomin. Could be fun!

I'd delete this if I could but I don't think you can on this forum, thanks for the heads up!