PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder spellbook

Orpheus108
2020-05-07, 09:37 PM
Greetings All,

I have looking through the great google to find a book similar to the Spell Compendium but for al, the Pathfinder spells.

Does such a book exist at all.

Cheers

Mnemius
2020-05-07, 09:48 PM
don't think pathfinder has put out such a book.

They have some great online resources like archive of nethys (https://aonprd.com/)
and the (not sure if it's as official? active? I vaguely remember some thing a bit ago) d20pfsrd.com

Angrith
2020-05-07, 10:38 PM
They do not unfortunately. d20pfsrd, however, is a good resource that let's you sort spells by class and level.

Psyren
2020-05-08, 01:17 AM
Pathfinder doesn't need it since all the books are freely available online anyway. The online resources linked above are your best bet (and more generally useful anyway.)

KillianHawkeye
2020-05-08, 03:36 AM
The Spell Compendium doesn't even have all the D&D 3.5 spells in it.

Orpheus108
2020-05-08, 04:36 AM
MIC still has some missing spells, just wish they had of made a spell compendium from all the books they released

Palanan
2020-05-08, 09:13 AM
Paizo is aware that there's interest in a compiled book of spells, and that some of us would pay hard money for it, but they've shown no inclination to follow up on that.

To a degree it's understandable; they're focused on further developing and promoting 2E, so any effort on a 1E product would distract from that priority. But there's more than a hint of a dismissive tone, which is a little frustrating for those of us who supported 1E.

Segev
2020-05-08, 10:50 AM
Paizo is aware that there's interest in a compiled book of spells, and that some of us would pay hard money for it, but they've shown no inclination to follow up on that.

To a degree it's understandable; they're focused on further developing and promoting 2E, so any effort on a 1E product would distract from that priority. But there's more than a hint of a dismissive tone, which is a little frustrating for those of us who supported 1E.

I wonder if a 3rd party could legally just compile the OGL spells in a book sold for money. I know the OGL means d20pfsrd and library of metzofitz can print everything published under it, but they don't charge for the service.

If they could, that would be a solution to Paizo's lack of desire to do so, much as Dreamscarred Press's creation of Pathfinder-compatible psionics is a solution to Paizo's lack of desire to make such.

Palanan
2020-05-08, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Segev
I wonder if a 3rd party could legally just compile the OGL spells in a book sold for money.

I'm not sure how it works with Paizo, but if a third-party publisher did that I'd certainly pay money for it. I've been wanting Ultimate Spells for years.

It could get fiddly if they tried to update or "fix" anything, which is probably another reason Paizo won't touch it. And no idea the price point that might end up requiring. But still, I can dream.

Originally Posted by Segev
...library of metzofitz....

When I first read that I thought it was something you just made up on the spot by smashing some keys. :smalltongue:

Never heard of this one before.

Segev
2020-05-08, 12:21 PM
When I first read that I thought it was something you just made up on the spot by smashing some keys. :smalltongue:

Never heard of this one before.

I think it's a passion project by a poster on this forum, but I don't remember who. I find it less accessible than d20pfsrd, with less easy navigation and searchability, but it actually has more up-to-date information, including classes and such by various 3rd party publishers that aren't on d20pfsrd. A lot of Dreamscarred Press's Path of War and Akashic Mysteries stuff is there that is missing from d20pfsrd.

Psyren
2020-05-08, 12:28 PM
The Spheres Wiki (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/) also has up to date info on some non-spheres things like Akasha and Pact Magic.