PDA

View Full Version : Theros Information

Sparky McDibben
2020-05-08, 10:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiIJdvbe3XU

From DnD Beyond. Looks like they're targeting a similar layout and methodology to Ravnica, so I am psyched!

Misterwhisper
2020-05-08, 01:35 PM
Nope, hard pass.

The Ravnica Books is absolute and total garbage that should never have hit print and this is going to be just the same.

Belac93
2020-05-08, 01:51 PM
Nope, hard pass.

The Ravnica Books is absolute and total garbage that should never have hit print and this is going to be just the same.

What makes you say that? Wizards produces a lot of garbage, but Ravnica is far from the worst offender.

Misterwhisper
2020-05-08, 01:55 PM
What makes you say that? Wizards produces a lot of garbage, but Ravnica is far from the worst offender.

Backgrounds that give casters access to class specific spells from other classes that they can cast with their main stat, while martials got... nothing, like at all.

Things not directly made in house also only get a skimming of play test at all, look what happened with the last book.

elyktsorb
2020-05-08, 02:02 PM

spore druid upsets me

nickl_2000
2020-05-08, 02:05 PM
spore druid upsets me

Why?

I'm in a show me what you've got phase, I won't decry it until I've seen it. Luckily my DM has a shared subscription in dndbeyond and buys everything, so I get it for free

Sparky McDibben
2020-05-08, 02:22 PM
Backgrounds that give casters access to class specific spells from other classes that they can cast with their main stat, while martials got... nothing, like at all.

Things not directly made in house also only get a skimming of play test at all, look what happened with the last book.

Almost like saying that the guy who can read thoughts in an intrigue-laden campaign might be more useful than the guy who hits things. Odd.

Personally, I think they're going to apply the same design philosophy to the Theros book, which I hope might include something like leveraging the Piety system and maybe more divine magic with all the classes.