PDA

View Full Version : DM Help remaking my BBEG

Kobold_paladin?
2020-05-09, 12:26 PM
hey everyone!
so i was remaking one of my old campaigns where the party had to track down an antipaladin of Myrkul named Kioroth Ironskull and i realized that i didn't have much character depth to him like, what motivates him? what's his background? bonds? flaws? why does he worship Myrkul? i have a few reasons, but i want to see what you guys think.

kioroth was orphaned at a young age and a temple took him in and cared for him. he was caught stealing by one of the priests and was exiled from the temple. alone and starving he came across a hag named aunty Agatha widdlewart (a worshiper of Myrkul) and promised to worship her god. Myrkul's unholy powers cleansed kioroth's body saving him from certain oblivion. in return myrkul binded him in a (anti)paladin's oath and , if he where to break it, he would cast off, starving, yet again.

i feel like i can get a little more out of this dude, so i'd like your opinions on this.

take care, K_pal?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-05-09, 12:45 PM
The death domain cleric in the DMG gets martial weapon proficiency and should be exactly what you're after. You can give him heavy armor proficiency with a feat if needed, but it should be perfect for a follower of Myrkul.

JNAProductions
2020-05-09, 12:58 PM
The death domain cleric in the DMG gets martial weapon proficiency and should be exactly what you're after. You can give him heavy armor proficiency with a feat if needed, but it should be perfect for a follower of Myrkul.

I would heartily recommend AGAINST this idea-namely, building him as a PC. Build him as a monster-lift ideas and mechanics from PC rules as you wish, but do NOT build him as a regular PC.

But it seems you're more looking for character advice. Honestly, what you provided is a pretty solid reason. It makes this guy seem opportunistic-is he truly faithful to his god, or does he do it out of fear/necessity?

Kobold_paladin?
2020-05-09, 01:27 PM
Ok, thanks for the help!