PDA

View Full Version : Warmachine and Hordes

Leper_Kahn
2007-10-25, 08:10 PM
Anyone play?

Verruckt
2007-10-26, 06:24 PM
yessir i do, gotta a small group of Rhulic Mercs and Looking into picking up some everblight in the future. Great game that.

Blayze
2007-10-26, 06:49 PM
Got a Cygnar army myself, and I have friends with Mercs, Cryx and "Those ****ing Wolves" armies.

Fought against the Wolf player last time I played. It was a damn close battle, and certainly closer than against his Cryx army ("My turn. Coven casts Imprisonment. Again. Coven kills a quarter of your army. Again.").

I still don't know why I have better luck in melee with ranged units (Long Gunners especially) than with melee units. It's not as if Long Gunners actually HAVE melee weapons. At least Trenchers have a Bayonet.

Oh man. Speaking of Trenchers. Until I discovered that they lost the Def and Arm bonuses from being Dug In when they were assaulted, they were an absolute Godsend when it came to delaying the Slayer.

Leon
2007-10-26, 11:40 PM
Yes
Khador and Circle

Khador since the very begining and now just starting to foray into Circle - Still want lots and lots of things for Khador tho and having trouble deciding on exactly what i want for Circle

I play agaisnt Khador, Cygnar and Cryx - never ever played Vs Menoth
had one game Vs Skorne, that was a very bloody game and i lost it

TheThan
2007-10-27, 12:03 AM
I’m a protectorate player. I’ve got a 500ish point army that’s sorta non-standard but its good.

Were-Sandwich
2007-10-27, 10:28 AM
I've heard of it, and think it sounds cool, but nowhere near me stocks it, and I don't really know how much I would have to lay out.

Not Dice
2007-10-29, 09:25 AM
Uh, yeah... you could say I dabble in it. :smallbiggrin:

DeathQuaker
2007-10-29, 12:11 PM
I've heard of it, and think it sounds cool, but nowhere near me stocks it, and I don't really know how much I would have to lay out.

$40.00 plus shipping (http://www.thewarstore.com/product21747.html). (You can see there the MSRP is $50 but you should be able to get the discount on that site and elsewhere. I believe you can order from the Warstore from Britain, though you might have a local supplier who'd be preferable)

The core boxsets include a Warcaster and Warjacks, their stat cards, and a "quick rules" sheet which you can also download from the Privateer Press site (IIRC).

Possible additional costs:

You will additionally need six-sided dice, a ruler, and something usable as tokens (pennies, glass beads, etc.). You will also want glue and some needle files to clean up glue your figures together. You will eventually probably want to paint your figures as well, so you'll need some paint and brushes.

There is a full rulebook you can buy called "Prime: Remix" ($24.99 MSRP for softcover). This provides full rules and explanations for how to play the game. It compiles rules and errata from earlier rulebooks and supplements.

But if you just want to get started, the rules that come in the boxset are all you need.

Now, beyond the additional boxset, IF you decide you like the game and want to collect, a lot of the figures can get expensive. They're high quality pewter figs and cost a fair penny. So it's a game relatively cheap to get into (compare to, say, Warhammer, where you're going to be spending a couple hundred bucks at least for a 500 point army, codex, and rulebook), but it can be expensive if you really invest in it.

TheThan
2007-10-29, 02:35 PM
Just as any other hobby game you can spend as much as you want. But there is a minimum cost, and that’s going to be 40-50 bucks (depending on where you get the box).

I have a huge warmachine/hordes community here so there’s always someone to play with. What I suggest is to look at the figs off their site http://www.privateerpress.com/ and pick a faction that looks like you’d enjoy it. I’m sure a lot of people can explain what each faction is like.

Warmachine and hordes are compatible with each other (can’t mix and match but you can play vs easily). Both are part of PP Iron Kingdoms rpg universe, so if you’re familiar with that then getting into the mini games will be easier.

Leper_Kahn
2007-10-29, 11:07 PM
Personally I just have a Khador and Circle Battlebox. I've played a fair few times, and my friends let me play with their models if I want to go beyond the 300 pt. level. I'm looking to expand any day now.