PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Deep One Hybrid PC optimization tips

Morrison
2020-05-10, 04:22 PM
Thinking of making a Deep One Hybrid PC for a mostly-nautical and coastal campaign. Not looking to exploit the whole transform-into-a-Deep-One thing, because obviously no DM in their right mind would let me play as a full Deep One.
With those ability modifiers, it seems to me than Hybrids would do okay with heavy armour, maybe in a tanky role. Playing an oracle with the Deep One Corruption curse is also an obvious pick in terms of flavour, but I don't see any obvious synergy in terms of ability scores.

What would be some good ways to make a Deep One Hybrid PC work?

Palanan
2020-05-10, 10:27 PM
A cleric with the Dark Tapestry subdomain would certainly be thematic. Since Deep One hybrids often hide behind a facade of conventional worship, your cleric could pass himself off as a cleric of a sea god, which would fit with the nautical theme, but with his true devotion given to some indescribable entity of cosmic madness.

Psyren
2020-05-11, 09:44 AM
There's nothing all that special about them mechanically. You'll be pretty uggo/disturbing to folks who aren't familiar with what you are so keep that in mind, otherwise any class should work. You'll want to avoid unarmored or light-armored classes due to the dex penalty.

I would consider a pet class - particularly one that uses Wisdom, like a Druid or Spiritualist. A pet can help you in many instances where your slow speed and low Dex might otherwise matter - like being shot at, triggering traps, or serving as a mount on land.