PDA

View Full Version : Kobold Reincarnation help

Bahamut7
2020-05-11, 01:48 PM
So due to a fun character death followed by a hilarious reincarnation roll, my once Human Dragonfire Shaman (Gestalt of shaman and adept) is now a Kobold of the same class. This is of course thematically one of the three races I was secretly hoping for. I am level 8 and not sure where to take my character from here for later levels, as I had not planned for the Ascended path of the Kobold. The party consists of:

Dragonfire Shaman - me
Rogue/Swashbuckler/Swordsage - also me
A now Permantently enlarged Warblade Goliath
Druid
Druid/Sorcerer...Mystic Theurge?
Ranger with a Bear
Dwarven Cleric of Moradin

My job has been to act as Tank and Battlefield Controller (with an AC of 30 now and the second highest HP due to the enlarged goliath, even better at this). I have heard of some Kobold Shennigans with the Rite of Passage and greater one that can enhance Sorcerer levels, let alone any other Kobold cheese (even if the DM lets me take Dragonwrought next level my age is still only 34 so no venerable). Free Sorcerer levels (assuming it can be done with the permission of the DM, so let's not repeat all the other threads that have debated that endlessly) are fun and could give me some potential useful spells, probably more utility than anything.

So my questions are:

Do you guys have any recommendations for the Kobold part?
Any multiclassing ideas?
Should I persue some Sorcerer stuff?
And anything else I am not thinking of?

Thanks again, I always appreciate the responses on these forums and from more experienced players than myself.

Nifft
2020-05-11, 03:58 PM
Dragonwrought Kobold Dragonfire Adept // Sorcerer can be a fun combo. Dump the Shaman side of your gestalt and replace it with Sorcerer, which gets boosted by +1 level by the Rite shenanigan.

The Dragonfire Adept side covers your at-will blasting damage and some portion of utility; the Sorcerer side covers more utility / BFC / buffing / etc. Having the Dragon type means significant mobility & defensive benefits from alter self, especially if your DM allows you to use your class-granted breath weapon while transformed.

Can you dump half of your gestalt for Sorcerer? Or did you mean you'd start taking Sorcerer levels on top of your 8 non-caster levels?

I would recommend against doing that, especially if you want to keep up with a full-class Druid.

Bahamut7
2020-05-11, 04:05 PM
Dragonwrought Kobold Dragonfire Adept // Sorcerer can be a fun combo. Dump the Shaman side of your gestalt and replace it with Sorcerer, which gets boosted by +1 level by the Rite shenanigan.

The Dragonfire Adept side covers your at-will blasting damage and some portion of utility; the Sorcerer side covers more utility / BFC / buffing / etc. Having the Dragon type means significant mobility & defensive benefits from alter self, especially if your DM allows you to use your class-granted breath weapon while transformed.

Can you dump half of your gestalt for Sorcerer? Or did you mean you'd start taking Sorcerer levels on top of your 8 non-caster levels?

I would recommend against doing that, especially if you want to keep up with a full-class Druid.

https://sites.google.com/site/bardawilcampaignsite/core-classes/dragonfire-adept/dragonfire-adept-archetypes/dragonfire-shaman

I should clarify, I am playing a class that is the result of gestalting Shaman and Adept, so there is no redoing a second class. Also, I am not trying to keep up with a Druid, I act as a Shield and Front line EMT (which the Shaman side gives me). I also get access to some consistent battlefield control (no where near on a wizard level of course). The DM has allowed me to continue to use my breath Weapon while using the Humanoid Shape Invocation.

I was considering adding some Sorcerer levels as I know I can perform the Rite of Passage and Greater Rite, and possibly go some Lore Drake (pending DM approval of Dragonwrought at level 9). These would be more utility spells than anything, but this all because of the reincarnation. My original plan was the full 20 levels in this class, but plans change lol.