PDA

View Full Version : Ioun Stone of Hacks!

Bahamut7
2020-05-11, 01:57 PM
So my group has acquired an amazing Ioun Stone of Pale Lavender Ellipsoid. It absorbs 20 spells levels worth of 4th level or lower spells. We are not quite sure who should take it as this could benefit anyone in the party.

Dragonfire Shaman (https://sites.google.com/site/bardawilcampaignsite/core-classes/dragonfire-adept/dragonfire-adept-archetypes/dragonfire-shaman) - Tank/Controller
Rogue/Swashbuckler/Swordsage - Glass Cannon
A now Permanently enlarged Warblade Goliath - Now Tanky/Striker
Druid - Spell Artillery
Druid/Sorcerer...Mystic Theurge - Spell Artillery/Jurassic Park
Ranger with a Bear - Pew Pew
Dwarven Cleric of Moradin - Live!

We can see the benefits of any front liner having it as well as the cleric or Druids. We haven't decided yet but I figured some extra advice from the crowd could be of assistance. So if you were in this group, who would you give it to?

RNightstalker
2020-05-11, 02:25 PM
They require a readied action to use, so I don't know if the front liners will be able to use it.

Bahamut7
2020-05-11, 03:12 PM
They require a readied action to use, so I don't know if the front liners will be able to use it.

Did not catch that, thanks for pointing that out. Definitely makes it less worthwhile on the front line hitters.

animewatcha
2020-05-11, 04:51 PM
The stone can help with dispel magic versus permanancy, but not greater dispel magic. Unless you are willing to spend extra to enhance it.

Thunder999
2020-05-12, 06:24 PM
You have to ready the action, so it's only rarely useful, you usually have better things to do with your turn than hoping someone casts a spell at you so that you can absorb it.