PDA

View Full Version : Funny ideas for psionic characters?

ftafp
2020-05-11, 04:49 PM
I've been wanting to roll up a proper 3.X-style psionic character recently because of my strong opinions on how 5e is handling it, but I've run into a roadblock with character concepts. How do I make a psionic character who fluff-wise is distinctively psionic, but will also be entertaining to play and play with?

Zaq
2020-05-11, 04:53 PM
Tibbit telepath who goes into cat form and then uses psionic charm and psionic suggestion to get the target to pick them up and pet them and pay attention ONLY to the adorable kitty. Then suggests that the target keep walking around that corner, still paying full attention to the kitty and definitely not to any adventuring parties who might be waiting in ambush there.

Nifft
2020-05-11, 04:55 PM
What is it about the default Psionic characterization that makes them un-engaging for you?

I've had fun as a 3.5e Psion and (in a much lower-powered game) a 3.5e Soulbow.

For the default Psion, how about being a Sorcerer, except smart, and your power comes from the blessing of elemental faeries (storm, fire, and frost). That's why you can use your energy powers to inflict fire, cold, sonic, or lightning -- you've got the blessings of 3 spirits, which makes your magic just plain better.

You borrow some powers with gem dragons, which are also elemental creatures (they live on the inner planes), and thus beholden to the 3 faeries which have blessed you.

Segev
2020-05-11, 05:03 PM
My psi ideas are Pathfinder-based, but if they help...

A vitalist with the Sadist and Life Leech archetypes who is actually a very nice person but is embittered by how mean others are to each other, so he forces them to share the pains of those they hurt.

A nomad->elocator who flits around the battlefield, laughing like a (non-devilish) imp and creature of chaos.

A Psychic Warrior with the Infiltrator path who uses his at-will minor metamorphosis to play at being a major shapechanger (despite limited mechanical ipmact from his otherwise-spectacular cosmetic changes).

RNightstalker
2020-05-11, 05:08 PM
be entertaining to play and play with?

Your character's go-to could be "Hang on a second guys, let me think..."

Powerdork
2020-05-11, 07:54 PM
Rely on know direction and location to announce your position in the world any time anyone shows some kind of doubt about where you're going, even in a figurative sense.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-11, 08:00 PM
A savage progression ghost (https://web.archive.org/web/20190908183229/http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a) (with malevolence) psion/thrallherd that pulls in big, burly monsters to possess (willingly, I swear!)?

I did this once with a Dragonwrought kobold with the Dragon Wings feat, as well as the Deepspawn feat for tentacles (fluffed to be his mouth-tentacles) due to being the spirit of the stillborn offspring of Cthulu. Every time he would possess anyone, the feats would come into effect, and his new body would take on the Cthulian features, tentacles and wings bursting out of it.

Could be interesting, playing a half-insane Lovecraftian monstrosity who in actuality is a sweet young child who just wants to hug you. With his ghost tentacles.

Vrock Bait
2020-05-11, 08:08 PM
Be a synad. Take every host feat.

Congratulations, you now have several dozen voices in your head at any given time!

How you’re still allowed to use Concentration(Con) is beyond me.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-11, 08:20 PM
Be a synad. Take every host feat.

Congratulations, you now have several dozen voices in your head at any given time!

How you’re still allowed to use Concentration(Con) is beyond me.It's Con-based, not mental-health-based.

RSGA
2020-05-11, 09:44 PM
Go and be dragonblooded. Take two levels in Totemist for Essentia and the dragon soulmelds. Take the rest of your levels in PsiWarrior with the Dragonhide ACF. Make sure to get gem dragon related powers in your choices.

Synergize sillily, and enjoy being able to mix gearless and gear-ed boosts as you want.

daremetoidareyo
2020-05-11, 10:54 PM
Load up on exclusively self buffing powers. Get handle animal skill ranks and carry brain moles around with you. Get that sweet brain mole disease:cascade flu. Once you use a power that costs pp, the rest of your powers cast themselves 2 at time or more, leaving you to use your actions to beat face without worrying about manifesting actions

Stub:
Azurin Psywarrior/spellthief 1
Feats:
1 psycarnum infusion, azure talent, Hidden talent syncronicity
2 linked power
3. Metapower (expansion)
5: metapower (hustle)
6: psithief

1: adrenaline boost, syncronicity
2 expansion
3 vigor
4 dissolving weapon
5 hustle
6 tail slap

Psyren
2020-05-12, 09:40 AM
Obligatory Psionic Sandwich.

What is it about the default Psionic characterization that makes them un-engaging for you?

Yes, this is the question.

OP - if you're just bored with the psionic builds you've tried, we can suggest options (classes/PrCs/archetypes) you might not have used yet. If you're looking specifically for builds that are weird or questionable, we can go for those too. Or if you're interested in mixing psionics with other systems in interesting ways, there are a bunch of theurge, MC and VMC builds out there.

ftafp
2020-05-12, 03:53 PM

I've had fun as a 3.5e Psion and (in a much lower-powered game) a 3.5e Soulbow.

For the default Psion, how about being a Sorcerer, except smart, and your power comes from the blessing of elemental faeries (storm, fire, and frost). That's why you can use your energy powers to inflict fire, cold, sonic, or lightning -- you've got the blessings of 3 spirits, which makes your magic just plain better.

You borrow some powers with gem dragons, which are also elemental creatures (they live on the inner planes), and thus beholden to the 3 faeries which have blessed you.

My issue is primarily roleplay concerns. Spellcasting accomplishes so many of the same things as psionics that it's hard to make a Seer different from a Diviner for example. What I want are not so much builds as characters who are distinctly psionic but don't just come down to being monks but with a mental focus

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-12, 04:11 PM
My issue is primarily roleplay concerns. Spellcasting accomplishes so many of the same things as psionics that it's hard to make a Seer different from a Diviner for example. What I want are not so much builds as characters who are distinctly psionic but don't just come down to being monks but with a mental focusPsionics can be refluffed as so many things. Think about elemental bending, from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Or The Force, from Star Wars. I frequently fluff it as racial SLAs, based on being dragon-descended, or whatever.

Since its mechanics aren't tied nearly as hard to the fluff as magic is (what with its verbal, somatic, focus, divine focus, and material components, as well as spellbooks and stuff), and with things seeming a lot less artificial than many magic effects (such as magnificent mansion, and similar), you're a lot freer to fluff it however you want.

nijineko
2020-05-12, 04:20 PM
I think the focus should be on archetypes and stereotypes. Don't worry so much about what can or can't be done by either power system. Instead pick a type of character concept that you want to play, and figure out how to make it work psionically.

What have you always wanted to play?

For example, one day I wanted a psionic sandshaper. In my case, I had to ask the DM to pretty please swap out the prereqs for that prestige for psionic equivalent ones, and to simplify things I made the character an erudite with the spellpower acf so that the spells gained from sandshaper had an easy translation over into psionic spellpowers.

I no longer have any magic-based characters at all, save for one single exception due to the fact that a magic based prestige is one of the central pillars of the backstory. All the others have been converted over to psionic versions, if they weren't psionic from creation.

Some more examples:

A blind healer who is fascinated by destiny and fate, as she has uncontrollable visions of the future every so often, and seeks out lynch-pins in the form of living beings to study and learn from. (erudite + sangehirn prestige, with the omniscient whispers feat)
An illuminated pyroknife who is out to fulfill a quest given to him by the entity that sent him back from death in order to purify his flames in time to combat a growing darkness before it grows too strong. (psywar + illumine soul/soulknife/pyrokinetic prestige classes)
A survivor from a war of over 500 years ago, her spirit is inhabiting the dagger of the man for whom she had unrequited love and fell in battle. A combat oriented Erbauer who is otherwise somewhat shy. (psion + erbauer [astral constructor v3.5] and using a trick from the immortality handbook)

If humor is really what you are after, I suggest researching powers and class features for odd and unusual combinations, then when one or more strikes your funny bone, go with that. What kind of character would actually use such an amusing combination? Build from there... it doesn't have to be effective (mechanically speaking) so long as it is fun!

One psionic shapeshifter character I have does not like being hit on (a rather attractive sort), so when one person refused to give up, they decided to get preemptive revenge by shifting into a bird after a big meal, flying up high, taking aim, and shapeshifting into a cow before letting fly at the unfortunate target... during a public ceremony they were participating in. ^^ That was humorously memorable.

daremetoidareyo
2020-05-12, 04:30 PM
Deja vu is a fun power to play with. Make that your favored power and optimize around it. Especially if you have a means of forcing opponents actions to be of a cerain type.

Nifft
2020-05-12, 04:42 PM
My issue is primarily roleplay concerns. Spellcasting accomplishes so many of the same things as psionics that it's hard to make a Seer different from a Diviner for example. What I want are not so much builds as characters who are distinctly psionic but don't just come down to being monks but with a mental focus

A decent chunk of D&D spellcasting was originally just refluffed fictional psionics, so it's not unexpected that one can cover for the other -- the most obvious example might be the AD&D ESP spell, which eventually became 3e detect thoughts.

IMHO the thing to do would be to come up with a character concept, perhaps purloined from fiction, and then do that concept with psionics. It's not important to me whether it looks psionic from the outside, but rather whether I can get the mechanics to feel like a reasonable representation of the concept.

Alternately, embrace the idea that you're just a different kind of Sorcerer. "Yeah, it's all just magic, and I draw mine from within instead of from the world. That's why I can cast spells in a silence effect, it's because I don't need to call upon Shabranigdo of the Ruby Eyes to chuck fire at some orcs." You get good value relative to a Sorcerer if you play to your strengths, so you don't necessarily need to compensate for that. You can just play it as a perfectly normal type of magic, which seems to be the assumption of the default transparency rules in the XPH and the item crafting guidelines in the MIC.

-- -- --

If you want concepts that work better with psionics than magic, that's a tough request, because magic has gotten at least 10x more support than psionics.

A few off the top of my head:

- Soul Manifester (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a) has a better entry requirement than the Arcane variant, and there are a couple of interesting [Psionic] soulmelds. I've had fun with a Totemist 2 / Telepath 3 / Soul Manifester, though we didn't play above level 15 so I'm not sure where that would go in a high-level game.

- Thrallherd is better than the Arcane equivalent (Mindbender).

- If you use the Gestalt rules, you can trivially be a high-Int primary caster in heavy armor, which might be nice.

Segev
2020-05-12, 05:19 PM

I mean, the vitalist and the elocator I mentioned are character personalities. And distinctly psionic.

I'm concerned you're setting an impossible task here without knowing it. How do you build a "character who is distinctly magical" without a "build" that is a magic-using class?

Also, I find the fact that you think psions are anything like monks by default to be confusing. They're more like sorcerers or wizards.

I'm happy to come up with ideas, and brainstorm, and the like, but I'm concerned that anything I suggest will by default "not be distinctly psionic" if it can't be dismissed as "a build, not a character."

ftafp
2020-05-12, 05:45 PM
Also, I find the fact that you think psions are anything like monks by default to be confusing. They're more like sorcerers or wizards.

Power-wise, psionic classes are just another form of spellcaster, but I notice that because of a lack varied psychic archetypes many players either default to the class their psionic class emultates, or play as a caster but RP as a monk who focused on enhancing their mind rather than their body because there's a cultural connection between psychic powers and things like meditation, chakras and the like.

Perhaps the secret to playing a psionic character is pulling on more scifi tropes and veering away from fantasy, as psionics are more often used by soft scifi than they are in works of fantasy. Instead of having a magic bloodline, a wilder might have been an escaped science experiment. Instead of being an elven druid, a psion might be an alien telepath. The question from there becomes "What will a DM allow?"

Nifft
2020-05-12, 05:58 PM
Power-wise, psionic classes are just another form of spellcaster, but I notice that because of a lack varied psychic archetypes many players either default to the class their psionic class emultates, or play as a caster but RP as a monk who focused on enhancing their mind rather than their body because there's a cultural connection between psychic powers and things like meditation, chakras and the like.

Perhaps the secret to playing a psionic character is pulling on more scifi tropes and veering away from fantasy, as psionics are more often used by soft scifi than they are in works of fantasy. Instead of having a magic bloodline, a wilder might have been an escaped science experiment. Instead of being an elven druid, a psion might be an alien telepath. The question from there becomes "What will a DM allow?"

In favor of your flavor idea: Sci-Fi has been in core D&D since basically forever, since oddly anachronistic future-tech was an element of many Sword & Sorcery novels, which in turn were a foundational element of D&D. The Servant of Leuk-O, the Machine of Lum the Mad, the Apparatus of Kwalish -- all sci-fi machine things, all there from (almost) the beginning.

Some of the earliest modules featured crashed space ships and robots, with ray-guns that had a fixed number of charges (and couldn't be recharged, which was how they excused the otherwise-imbalanced addition to a game of swords and arrows).

So yeah -- if you want to be a telepathic alien, D&D history is on your side.

-- ===== --

One more concept which is mechanically better with Psionics: the Kensai is moderately decent, but the psi version (the Psychic Weapon Master (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040827d)) looks just plain better. Same flavor as the martial class, same +10 weapon buff, same full BAB, bonus half-casting progression.

IMHO this is how a half-caster ought to look: respectable non-casting features in addition to partial casting progression.

Psyren
2020-05-12, 06:00 PM
Psionics can be refluffed as so many things. Think about elemental bending, from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Or The Force, from Star Wars. I frequently fluff it as racial SLAs, based on being dragon-descended, or whatever.

Since its mechanics aren't tied nearly as hard to the fluff as magic is (what with its verbal, somatic, focus, divine focus, and material components, as well as spellbooks and stuff), and with things seeming a lot less artificial than many magic effects (such as magnificent mansion, and similar), you're a lot freer to fluff it however you want.

In fact, Ultimate Psionics has a whole section on refluffing the system as "Rune Magic," and changing several elements to fit that theme - e.g. changing "power points" to "mana," "Psion" to "Runecaster," "Soulknife" to "Runeblade" and "Astral Construct" to "Runic Protector."

Kelb_Panthera
2020-05-12, 06:19 PM
How about Sherlock Holmes the Seer?

You focus your powers known around various clairsentience and telepathy powers that allow you to pick up on -way- more information around you than any non-psionic character and play up the whole "world's greatest detective" personality; English gentleman, bit arrogant and condescending. Make your psicrystal (should you get one) Watson.

I'd skip the opium addiction unless you just really want to roleplay that out.

ftafp
2020-05-12, 06:32 PM
How about Sherlock Holmes the Seer?

You focus your powers known around various clairsentience and telepathy powers that allow you to pick up on -way- more information around you than any non-psionic character and play up the whole "world's greatest detective" personality; English gentleman, bit arrogant and condescending. Make your psicrystal (should you get one) Watson.

I'd skip the opium addiction unless you just really want to roleplay that out.

It's funny, one of the few ideas I did have for a psion was a phony psychic detective. He was a real psychic alright, just so horribly incompetent at everything else he got booted off the force, hence why he's adventuring

Buufreak
2020-05-12, 07:13 PM
To be fair, 4e made monks a psionic class for some reason, and I have no idea how much of that carried over into 5.

Segev
2020-05-12, 07:16 PM
To be fair, 4e made monks a psionic class for some reason, and I have no idea how much of that carried over into 5.

Unless you insist ki is clearly psionic energy, it didn't. At all. Psychics are something 5e is still toying with in UAs, trying to find a mechanic to embody them.

Nifft
2020-05-12, 07:30 PM

4e did its usual 4e thing: some good ideas, some bad ideas, all mushed in one bundle.

I fooled around with a 4e Psion, and it was mostly good. It had Wizard-like At-Will powers which you could augment with power points to turn them into Encounter-strength powers, and power points refreshed with a short rest.

I don't think anything from that will carry over into 4e, which is a pity, because it could have been an interesting Warlock-like mechanism which fit 5e play.

Rijan_Sai
2020-05-12, 07:56 PM
Deja vu is a fun power to play with. Make that your favored power and optimize around it. Especially if you have a means of forcing opponents actions to be of a cerain type.

Sorry... Had to be done!

Nifft
2020-05-12, 07:58 PM

:roy: Let's do the Time Hop again

ftafp
2020-05-12, 08:33 PM
4e did its usual 4e thing: some good ideas, some bad ideas, all mushed in one bundle.

I fooled around with a 4e Psion, and it was mostly good. It had Wizard-like At-Will powers which you could augment with power points to turn them into Encounter-strength powers, and power points refreshed with a short rest.

I don't think anything from that will carry over into 4e, which is a pity, because it could have been an interesting Warlock-like mechanism which fit 5e play.

The reason I started looking into psionics options from 3.X is because 5e's system after they abandoned the mystic is so gutted and boring that I don't understand why they didn't just make it a caster class with the spell point system that they already had in the DMG.

Of course, now I'm realizing that 3.x's psionics didn't have as much distinctive flavor as I remembered it having.

Esprit15
2020-05-12, 08:40 PM
One friend of mine built a Zen Archer Psychic Warrior who was blind, but saw using the power Synesthete. Obviously less powerful, but it meshed well with the idea of Psychic Warriors being what monk should have been, and mixing Tashlatora would probably be both useful and thematic to the idea.

Benoojian
2020-05-13, 11:20 AM
I played a Psion who began life as a circus performer, so especially his early powers were ones he could play off as sleight of hand or cold reading

He was psychic, but he was pretending to be psychic, and using his psychic abilities to make himself seem like a really good performer

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-05-13, 12:34 PM
A paraplegic with Elocater (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/elocater.htm) 1+, instead of walking you hover just above the ground and float along effortlessly.

A Warforged with Psiforged Body from Magic of Eberron. Preferably start with flaws to also take Adamantine Body. Psion (Shaper) is the best class to use for this one, and be sure to get a psicrystal that's an actual shard of himself.

A bonzai tree that was grown in soil infused with psionic crystal particles, so that there are visible psionic crystals throughout its surface. That's been Awakened (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/awaken.htm), preferably that was modified by Maximize, Empowere, and/or Intensify (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#intensifySpell) Spell. Ideally use something with very large leaves so you can fly per the animated object stats. Say you grew a seed pod and when it opened your psicrystal was sitting in the middle of it!

Psyren
2020-05-13, 12:48 PM
A paraplegic with Elocater (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/elocater.htm) 1+, instead of walking you hover just above the ground and float along effortlessly.

I don't know if this is possible, since you won't meet the Dex requirement for Mobility if you're paralyzed, and therefore won't qualify for the PrC. You can float without Scorn Earth but it won't be constant.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-05-13, 12:58 PM
I don't know if this is possible, since you won't meet the Dex requirement for Mobility if you're paralyzed, and therefore won't qualify for the PrC. You can float without Scorn Earth but it won't be constant.

I don't think there's any RAW for being paraplegic, but if there were it would likely only reduce your movement speed, not your Dex score.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-13, 01:21 PM
I don't know if this is possible, since you won't meet the Dex requirement for Mobility if you're paralyzed, and therefore won't qualify for the PrC. You can float without Scorn Earth but it won't be constant.D&D paralyze isn't the same thing as real world paralysis. A paraplegic character can still act, just not with (at least two of) his limbs.

Nifft
2020-05-13, 01:26 PM

Have you ever seen someone with no limbs doing basic tasks, using only teeth / lips / neck / tongue?

Some have quite a lot of dexterity, even if they aren't likely to make standard use of the Mobility feat before gaining another movement mode.

Psyren
2020-05-13, 03:00 PM
Well, no limbs at all is out, since Scorn Earth specifically mentions your feet. But you're right that paraplegia and paralysis aren't the same thing. This would fall into ask your DM territory.

Ramza00
2020-05-13, 03:22 PM
The reason I started looking into psionics options from 3.X is because 5e's system after they abandoned the mystic is so gutted and boring that I don't understand why they didn't just make it a caster class with the spell point system that they already had in the DMG.

Of course, now I'm realizing that 3.x's psionics didn't have as much distinctive flavor as I remembered it having.

Egoist Psion 4
Fiendbound Marauder Warder 1
Awakened Blade Psion 10

Fiendbound Marauder Warder 1 gives you defensive focus which boosts your reach by 5 feet plus your Initiator Level (Aka 5 feet every 5 ILs.). Also gives you combat reflexes based off of INT.
Egoist Psion gives you 2 size increases which boost reach via metamorphosis 3rd level and expansion (via item called a greater mindstone, you do both so you can get that Huge Size for 10 min per level and your metamorphosis can be a toolbox in battle.)
Psionic Power Elongate Extremities which is Egoist 1 boosts you reach by another 10 feet always up. 20 feet temporarily per round.
Fiendbound Marauder can make one hand into a reach weapon. Psionic powers or a big weapon can do damage.

You are a full IL if you take the practiced initiator as a trait thus meaning IL5 at level 5 and thus the warder can grab 3rd level stances and maneuvers.

2 weapon size increases due to expansion, 2 more weapon size increases with the Warder grabbing primal warrior stance as a 3rd level stance. 4 size increases means a 1d10 weapon is 4d8, a 2d6 weapon is 6d8.

At hd 9 you are a 7th level manifested and grab expanded knowledge form astral suit and now you can be a flexible aegis.

————

So in sum you are a psionic gish who manifests a psionic armor carapace around you that makes you into a larger being. You can also do scorpion from mortal kombag get over here bringing the enemy’s to you. Or when in the defensive focus you can combat patrol and move towards the enemy.

Nifft
2020-05-13, 03:25 PM
Well, no limbs at all is out, since Scorn Earth specifically mentions your feet.

Ha ha, yes, I certainly remembered that. Um.

*hides Marilith & Yuan-ti Anathema Elocators*

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-13, 03:27 PM
Well, no limbs at all is out, since Scorn Earth specifically mentions your feet. But you're right that paraplegia and paralysis aren't the same thing. This would fall into ask your DM territory.Most unfortunately, D&D is extremely humanocentric and tend to be completely inconsiderate to anyone who isn't "normal," to the point where all the major PC races are basically humans with height deficits, pointy ears, or green skin.

It's a fantasy game, but the devs insisted that you had to be a normal person or you'd be massively penalized for being something they considered "weird," like someone who is nonhuman or disabled differently-abled.

Honestly, it's pretty awful, in a fridge-horror sort of way, if you consider how able-centric and inherently racist it all is. They did get somewhat better at this as things went on, but they still hit unusual races with crippling HD and LA, and abilities tended toward assuming that anyone who used them would be both "human" and 100% "normal," to the point where various monsters can't even use their own abilities such as spells because said abilities were written with a human in mind, no matter the pointy ears or green skin.

Bleh.

Psyren
2020-05-13, 05:11 PM
Well, I said "ask your DM" because if you truly care about this sort of thing you're likely to get a green light. Certainly the WotC fun-police won't show up at your door :smalltongue:

In any event, I don't consider the existence of a single prestige class focused around combining physical mobility with psionic potential to be an indictment of the entire system either, and that's not even really the case here. Other than the reference to "feet" in Scorn Earth, there's nothing that restricts the class to anyone abled anyway, provided they still have enough Dex for the prerequisites.

Malphegor
2020-05-13, 06:37 PM
THE LIVING ARCHIVE!

Legend speaks of an automaton who speaks like a learned man, wiser than many, and master of many skills.

This ‘Warforged’ built for war, in the prolonged peacetime, decided to embark themselves on a study of their own mind, and after a century of meditation, they achieved a form of enlightenment, unlocking psionic abilities (as an Erudite), and a desire to preserve the creations of living beings, primarily cultural but also their magics.

After learning of the Weave theory of magic, Harun grew, not afraid, but concerned that eons of efforts to understand magic could be wiped out in an instant if the gods of magic were to be slain and the system through which wizards cast spells was torn asunder. Nay, verily in these more peaceful times, we are but in the eye of a storm, and the other end is far more deadly to civilisation as we know it! Harun travels and converts spells to psionic powers, preserving them in a form independent of magic, utilising pure mental will to create the effects that arcanics would normally produce.

He has had many names. Originally he was The Living Archive, or the Arcanum Libram (the magic library, also known as AL), but he has also been dubbed names such as Mr Bucket, Thaumtomaton, and Connor. He himself has no preference for a name himself, and happily accepts the name his current financiers provide him.

Wherever he goes, the living archive seeks out arcane spellcasters, tells them of his mission to preserve magic, and requests to mind meld with them, usually offering money when he can.

(is just a spell to power erudite warforged but something about a warforged erudite trying to prevent the world going Dark Sun resonates with me somehow)

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-13, 06:43 PM
If you play a StP erudite / thrallherd 1, have followers also be StP erudites with metamorphosis who can turn into jewelry that you wear (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook&p=23801600&viewfull=1#post23801600). Then manifest from their powers known (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicPowersOverview.htm#manifestAnUnknownPowerFr omAnothersPowersKnown). You want all spells and powers in the game that you can manifest spontaneously? There you go.

Nyowov
2020-05-14, 07:55 AM
Every feat that lets you use power points in other ways and all skill tricks. Never use a power.

nijineko
2020-05-15, 04:22 PM
There is a master list of all psionic powers in all official sources out there, if one lacks inspiration....