PDA

View Full Version : The "Handy" Barbarian

carrdrivesyou
2020-05-11, 08:34 PM
So I made a character for an upcoming campaign...a path of the beast barbarian. With a catch: he refuses to use proper arms or armor, and so he fights with just clothes on, using whatever is laying around. He has a backpack full of junk he carries as weapons. If forced into a rage, his claws come out.... literally. Took tavern brawler and went variant human.

How would you rate a barbarian that beats things to death with a brick then beats another person up with the corpse of the previous victim?

Kobold_paladin?
2020-05-12, 12:23 PM
Uh... certainly unique.
I don't know what to say...

Asisreo1
2020-05-12, 01:13 PM
So I made a character for an upcoming campaign...a path of the beast barbarian. With a catch: he refuses to use proper arms or armor, and so he fights with just clothes on, using whatever is laying around. He has a backpack full of junk he carries as weapons. If forced into a rage, his claws come out.... literally. Took tavern brawler and went variant human.

How would you rate a barbarian that beats things to death with a brick then beats another person up with the corpse of the previous victim?
He should be fine-ish. Hopefully he looks for weapons that closely resemble actual weapons to gain proficiency. I think he'd need the tavern brawler feat, though, so that's a good way to build.

GlenSmash!
2020-05-12, 06:12 PM
Tavern brawler Barbarians are great fun.

A problem occurs though at higher levels as anything immune to non-magical damage will laugh at you while you flail and chuck random objects at it.

Pretty easy to work around with a reasonable DM though.

Chronos
2020-05-13, 08:04 AM
On the other hand, if you have any magic items at all, you can just use one of them as an improvised weapon. And while there are certainly games where the players have no control over what magic items they get, I've never heard of one with no magic items at all.