PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Good split for a Tempest Cleric, Storm/Astrapomancer Sorcerer

Jcp1195
2020-05-12, 12:11 AM
I just retired a temporary character I was playing to help our DM with story telling for an arc we just completed and now I'd like to try out a build I've had in mind for a while but I'm having trouble settling on a good split.

The character will be a level 7 Human born to an Island of Tribal raiders (Heavy Norse influence) and was blessed by a Raven sitting by its bedside after its birth (My and DM's reasoning for why they qualify for Storm Sorcerer with an otherwise unimpressive bloodline).

The group rolled Stat Pool is: 17, 16, 16, 16, 16, 11 which is also very helpful for the build I'm looking to make This kind of roll isn't unusual. Somehow everyone rolls really well when for the group but self preservation is always an issue.

Given the high stats and general universal reliance on Lightning magic I figured the Tempest Cleric would mesh well with the Storm or Astrapomancer (Lightning based Pyromancer).

My main concerns are that Wrath of the storm from Tempest Cleric and Storm's Fury from Storm Sorcerer might clash but I also just wanted advice on where to make the level split. Any advice is appreciated.

Asura2468
2020-05-12, 12:45 AM
I think 2 Tempest Cleric/5+ Storm Sorcerer would be a good split

get the metamagic that allows you to change the element of a spell and maybe quickened or twinned. Then enjoy your once per short rest maximised fireballs :D.

This will give you some nice first level Cleric spells like healing word and bless, but also will not slow down your spell progression to hard.... and if you should go to lvl 20 you have an insanely powerful capstone in the Storm Sorcerers lvl 18 ability.

Also next level will give you extra damage each time you cast a lightning/thunder damage spell

Waazraath
2020-05-12, 03:43 AM

get the metamagic that allows you to change the element of a spell and maybe quickened or twinned. Then enjoy your once per short rest maximised fireballs :D.

This will give you some nice first level Cleric spells like healing word and bless, but also will not slow down your spell progression to hard.... and if you should go to lvl 20 you have an insanely powerful capstone in the Storm Sorcerers lvl 18 ability.

Also next level will give you extra damage each time you cast a lightning/thunder damage spell

Second this, good advice.

Jcp1195
2020-05-12, 04:07 AM

I think I’ll take that advice. The more I look at it the more I realize the only things I really want from Cleric are the Proficiencies and Channel Divinity.