PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Snowflake Wardance and Two-Weapon Fighting

liquidformat
2020-05-12, 10:01 AM
So I was under the impression that Snowflake Wardance only works when wielding a one handed slashing weapon with the other hand free, however, reading through the feat again it seems like this should work and apply the bonus to both weapons if you are Two-Weapon Fighting. Is this correct or am I miss reading?

Saintheart
2020-05-12, 11:03 AM
Can't wield a one handed weapon in the off hand without taking major penalties to TWF, I'm afraid. That's the problem.

Elves
2020-05-12, 11:09 AM
The feat doesn't require your other hand to be free. You can't use shields but an offhand weapon is fine. TWF is often used with it.

SirNibbles
2020-05-12, 02:13 PM
So I was under the impression that Snowflake Wardance only works when wielding a one handed slashing weapon with the other hand free, however, reading through the feat again it seems like this should work and apply the bonus to both weapons if you are Two-Weapon Fighting. Is this correct or am I miss reading?

It applies to 'any slashing melee weapon you wield in one hand.' If you are holding a shortsword in each hand, each sword is a slashing melee weapon you wield in one hand. They should both get the benefit.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, shortswords are piercing. A kukri would work.

Can't wield a one handed weapon in the off hand without taking major penalties to TWF, I'm afraid. That's the problem.

You only take TWF penalties if you attack with both weapons. You can hold two weapons and attack with one without penalty. -2/-2 isn't really 'major' either, especially if you're getting +4 or more from Snowflake Wardance on both of those, or even -4/-8 for light weapons without the TWF feat.

RNightstalker
2020-05-12, 02:26 PM
A dagger in the off-hand would work well I imagine, pretty common practice. Also, I'm not familiar with Snowflake Wardance. Where do you find it and is it similar to a Dervish Dance from CW?

Cygnia
2020-05-12, 02:34 PM
It's a feat in Frostburn (pg 50) that uses bardic music to activate it.