PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder (Dhampir) Bard. Need build Advice

Nosta
2020-05-12, 10:08 AM
It's a female Dhampir Named Karina Kusatov. She Dresses in a Ringmaster's outfit and had a silver pocket watch at her side. She has blonde hair and Reddish Gold Eyes

She was Born the Half Breed Daughter of a Politician of the sanguine Senate and a Unknown Human Mother

One day she found our her father was Plotting to over the throw the king so she killed him to prevent unneeded Bloodshed
How ever she had no proof of her father's plan and had to feel. She eventually ended up at the outskirts of the kingdom and found refuge in camp off bandits and outcast . She used her Manipulate charms to convince them to make her their leader . She then Built a type of Traveling Freak Show who use there talents to Entrance Their Audience and "Earn"some Extra Tips.

She had knowledge of Basic sword play and is never with out her Sword cane . Very intelligent and charming but lacking some common sense she some times acts without thinking .

She can Defend herself but she won't be soloing Any Bosses.

I need Advice on a few things
Should I dip a level in swash for free weapon Finesse and some deeds

And is there a good bard Archetype that could help me?

What should I do for feats.

And what are some good vampire theme spells I could take?

She'll start at level 3 and go to level 15

Kurald Galain
2020-05-12, 10:18 AM
Should I dip a level in swash for free weapon Finesse and some deeds
As a bard, no. You've got plenty of skill points, and can use the Deivon's Parry spell instead of the swash's riposte deed.

And is there a good bard Archetype that could help me?
Sure. What is it you're looking for?

What should I do for feats.
At a wild guess, you're playing a melee-and-caster character (a gish, for short); so check this guide (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus) for feat and spell suggestions. Sure, it's written for a magus, but a large part of it applies to bards as well.

Heavenblade
2020-05-12, 11:16 AM
Dhampirs get the amazing "natural charmer' feat that will let you take a 20 on charisma checks against humanoids who are potentially attracted to you - super good for face characters.

Psyren
2020-05-12, 11:23 AM
Bards can do a lot - buff/support, melee frontliner, ranged striker, scout/skillmonkey, minionmancy etc. What mechanical role(s) do you want for this character?

Nosta
2020-05-12, 11:42 AM
Bards can do a lot - buff/support, melee frontliner, ranged striker, scout/skillmonkey, minionmancy etc. What mechanical role(s) do you want for this character?

I want her to be a face character

But be able to defend her self in melee

Support roles with back up melee

Nosta
2020-05-12, 11:45 AM

As a bard, no. You've got plenty of skill points, and can use the Deivon's Parry spell instead of the swash's riposte deed.

Sure. What is it you're looking for?

At a wild guess, you're playing a melee-and-caster character (a gish, for short); so check this guide (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus) for feat and spell suggestions. Sure, it's written for a magus, but a large part of it applies to bards as well.

Looking for a Archetype that will fit Showman's theme and help with Manipulating people and some combat stuff would not hurt either

Palanan
2020-05-12, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Nosta
Looking for a Archetype that will fit Showman's theme and help with Manipulating people and some combat stuff would not hurt either….

You might take a look at the Masked Performer (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo-bard-archetypes/masked-performer-bard-archetype/), which gives you a vigilante’s dual identity. Essentially you gain a stage persona for public performances, protecting your real identity for behind-the-scenes work.

Nosta
2020-05-12, 04:17 PM
You might take a look at the Masked Performer (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo-bard-archetypes/masked-performer-bard-archetype/), which gives you a vigilante’s dual identity. Essentially you gain a stage persona for public performances, protecting your real identity for behind-the-scenes work.

Intriguing . I'll consider it

Nosta
2020-05-12, 04:25 PM
Truth be told I want to keep p bardic knowledge and lire master and jack of all trades

Any Archetype with performances that have a con man theme?