PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Nightmares

Semidi
2007-10-25, 10:36 PM
I write stories and I specifically enjoy horror. Being Halloween I decided to write something surreal, but nightmarishly surreal. I have a few of my own down already if someone has an interesting nightmare, hit me with it, and I might use it. One of mine (basic description, not how it’s going into the story):

(slightly yucky, at least I hope so)
I woke up and looked in the mirror to find a sore on my chin with coarse hair sprouting from it; I started to pull and yank at the hair until a bunch of it came loose. I continued to pull and pull, and the hair kept coming out of the sore. After a great deal of time, no more hair came forth from my chin. The hole though, was about as big as a quarter and bleeding. I peered inside to see a white maggot laying tiny white eggs between the layers of my flesh. At this time, I woke up and couldn’t sleep for the rest of the night.

I’m attempting to combine prose with prose poetry to create something with a load of imagery yet not in a strictly poetic style.

Please only things that are within the rules, and I'm really, really not intrested in sex nightmares.

Brickwall
2007-10-25, 10:38 PM
Okay, I'm going to ask the mods to change it so that Arts&Crafts are higher, because people seem to not know it exists. :smallannoyed:

Raiser Blade
2007-10-25, 10:40 PM
What is this Arts & Crafts you speak of?
:smallconfused:

I wan't candy!
:smalltongue:

TheLoveInterest
2007-10-25, 10:48 PM
How can a maggot lay eggs?:smallconfused:

Semidi
2007-10-25, 10:54 PM
I'm not planning on posting an art nor a craft (this post doesn’t quite count as one, but I like it nonetheless), this is merely a request which involves neither someone giving me an art nor a craft. I merely want lucid recollection of nighttime dalliances of the macabre nature. Granted it is borderline as it involves a craft later. Perhaps I should edit out the part about a story, though then your oh so witty sarcasm will be misplaced, though all results and so on are the same. As well, I’m working off of precedent, you should see a thread half way down the page featuring a request for comments for visual art. This was replied to by a moderator without being moved, therefore.. I’ll just leave it at that.

How can a maggot lay eggs?

I've flown in dreams, how did that happen?

Oh wait...

TheLoveInterest
2007-10-25, 11:09 PM
Hmmm...this one was scary to me if it helps...

I was running down a cement surface from some foreboding shadow and to my sides there was this blankness...like someone took whiteout to the world and all I can do is keep running.
Somehow I end up in a train station and I run into the nearest train car quickly. When I get in it's one of the very nice ones, with deep red and gold embroiderd lions on the seats, the only other being in the car is a small girl in the front seat so I walk up to her and ask where her parents are and she turns to me...and she's a mutch younger me! (Maybe 6 or so years old) holding my favorite childhood stuffed animal and I/she say "We don't need them! Look at all the people that came for us!" and when I look out the window people are screeming my name and taking pictures of me and my younger self continues to talk above their noise telling me to run far far away to start our dreams....and then I wake up.:smallfrown:
I have this dream a lot, but don't get me wrong- I love my parents

Brickwall
2007-10-25, 11:11 PM
I have a weird one. This one didn't scare me at all, but it was in nightmare slow motion (all my nightmares are in slo-mo), and I couldn't wake myself up with self-inflicted pain.

Basically, I was in a giant mixing bowl. There was some guy. He was to the giant mixing bowl what we are to regular ones. He didn't do anything. Then there was a clown. He wasn't scary, but he tried to be. Then I finally bit my dream arm hard enough to wake up.

The only nightmare that ever scared me just involved me knowing a scary thing was coming. I saw it, and that scared me awake, and I was stunned for a while. I don't remember what it looked like, though.

Yeah, I stopped being scared of my nightmares after that one, it's just like. "Oh, slow motion, I'm in another 'nightmare'. Guess I'll keep trying to bite myself awake. Booriiiing."

Raiser Blade
2007-10-25, 11:13 PM
I had one...

Me and my friends are walking through the woods and all of a sudden there are these stairs. We start climbing when out of nowhere shamu jumps out of nowhere...

Then i woke up.

P.S. It was actually scarier then it sounds....shamu will get you next
*Eye twitch*

Telonius
2007-10-26, 09:50 AM
I had this nightmare when I was about 5 or 6. Giant paper wasps (particular kind of wasp, not wasp made of paper) capturing people and taking them back to their hive. The people would be trapped there forever - not dead, not really alive, just kind of trapped. They were stuck in the wall of the hive.

Yeah, I was a very strange little kid.

Artemis97
2007-10-26, 01:26 PM
I had a nightmare recently, inspired by a few things in The Town. Particularly Rebonack's 'corrupted' in his Random Zombie Invasion Plot (of doom!) It gets a little weird.

Anyways, you know those dreams where you wake up in your bed, but you're still actually dreaming? That's how this starts. I wake up and roll over and there's a tall, thin, rotting, horrible looking, demonic being standing over me. I try to scream for help, but I couldn't. That had to have been the scaryiest part, knowing that if I could just shout for my parents I'd be safe, but something was stopping me. The demon seemed to know that I was helpless and it reached into its bag and threw what looked like a freshly born baby at me. It latched onto my neck and began draining away my life/corrupting me. I kept trying to scream, the demon just laughed. Finally I woke up and had trouble sleeping for the rest of the night.

Semidi
2007-10-26, 01:34 PM
I had a nightmare recently, inspired by a few things in The Town. Particularly Rebonack's 'corrupted' in his Random Zombie Invasion Plot (of doom!) It gets a little weird.

Anyways, you know those dreams where you wake up in your bed, but you're still actually dreaming? That's how this starts. I wake up and roll over and there's a tall, thin, rotting, horrible looking, demonic being standing over me. I try to scream for help, but I couldn't. That had to have been the scaryiest part, knowing that if I could just shout for my parents I'd be safe, but something was stopping me. The demon seemed to know that I was helpless and it reached into its bag and threw what looked like a freshly born baby at me. It latched onto my neck and began draining away my life/corrupting me. I kept trying to scream, the demon just laughed. Finally I woke up and had trouble sleeping for the rest of the night.

Babies are creepy. Love it, thank you.

Edit: I decided to put the process for the story up for public viewing in the Arts & Crafts forum.

Artemis97
2007-10-26, 01:49 PM
:smallsmile: Not a problem, I hope it gives you some nice inspiration. I'm just glad my crazy little nightmare can be put to some other use than scaring me.

Yeril
2007-10-26, 01:54 PM
I remember I once had a dream where I was walking around like this balcony thing, and in the distance I could see a typical exoristesqe little girl/zombie/demon/whatever just standing there staring in my general direction, so I looked away for a second and looked back and she was exacly the same, but about 100 yards closer, and each time I blinked or looked away she got closer and closer.

And then my dream, as mine often do, somehow quickly moved to somthing completley different, I think I was standing in a endless sea (about ankle deep) and this huge house supported by like a meter thick slab of ground floated past and I was trying to catch up and get onto it. I climbed into the roof and the demon-girl was there and the roof collapsed and I fell into lava.

wierd I know.

Nightwing
2007-10-26, 03:56 PM
When i was eight I had a dream were there was a dead body in my room. I when ad got my parents but when they came in it was gone!. then latter I found the corps on a piano down stairs. my brother and my parents were lying on the floor dead*

LordVader
2007-10-26, 04:58 PM

We should put that in the Town's slogan.
"Come to the Town- So realistic, you'll even get nightmares!":smallbiggrin:

Mine have several times involved UFOs...I think...but I really don't have many nightmares, thank goodness.

Setra
2007-10-26, 05:09 PM
A very old nightmare, several years ago, I can barely recall it but..

I was at my school, and all day everyone would give me horrified looks but say nothing. I went through half the day like this, then began to ponder the looks. I went to scratch the back of my head only to find a hole.. to my brain. I briefly touched my brain, which caused immense pain and I fell comatose to the ground.

When I 'awoke' I could feel insects slowly carrying away parts of my brain for food, and I could feel myself slipping away, losing memories, personality, until I actually woke up.

thubby
2007-10-26, 05:45 PM
i had an extremely disturbing one.
it was a normal day, i was relaxing at home when all of a sudden screams ring through the air. me and my parents run outside to see whats going on, nightmarish creatures best described as a cross between a sliver (magic the gathering) and a zergling (starcraft) are killing everyone in the streets. one tries to lung at us, but we get inside and i close the door just in time. turning around, several have entered the house. we make a mad dash for the stairs, and my parents get caught and dragged out of sight. i keep running, but here's where it gets disturbing, i can somehow see them being eaten (in excruciating detail) and somehow know its the creatures broadcasting a signal. regardless i keep running (in that dreamy "why am i moving so slow" run), into my room, out the window(onto my porches roof) and over into my backyard ( i drop 2 stories relatively unharmed). from there its through a field and to a roller skating rink, all the while seeing the mental image of people meeting their end at the hands of these things. well i get in there thinking its safe for whatever reason, and am eventually eaten alive while watching from the creature's perspective. thats where i wake up

Redpieper
2007-10-26, 06:51 PM
Well my regular nightmare wont help you much
But I did have a weird nightmare when I was a kid.

Basically I woke up as normal, but covered in blood.
So I went looking around in the house, and everyone that I hold dear lay there in a big pile.
Literally ripped apart, and then I looked in the mirror and saw myself grinning at me.

It's very disturbing, even more so because I was only 8 at the time :smalleek:

Cyrano
2007-10-26, 08:36 PM
I'm walking with my family in what appears to be some sort of art gallery. I was very young, only 9 or 10 or maybe 8. Anyway, the rest of the family sees this painting and that painting, and they comment on them to each other. Very nice, familial stuff. Every comment I make is utterly ignored. They don't check to see if I'm with them, I just have to run to keep up as they move from room to room. And the paintings start talking to me. Every painted person in every room I go to starts whispering at me, and then pointing towards me, and then talking to each other. The family doesn't notice, and completely ignores. My family starts moving quicker, and I run faster, and the people in the paintings start jumping to other ones, following me around, accumulating painted people until I reach some massive room. I realise it is a church. And the floor, the ceiling, the stained glass windows, the walls, the altar, the benches, are all covered in paintings, and they all start to drip blood. My family stops in the room. I yell out something, probably about how I'm going to die, help me. And as one, every member of my family turns around, gives me a sardonic little grin and a chuckle, and holds out their arms as if for a big hug. It's then I notice the wall behind them, the bit behind the altar, is one massive painting of my as an even littler boy then I was then, with no eyes, literally covered in a stream of blood, making exactly the same gestures as my family. And then, of course, I wake.

Mad Scientist
2007-10-26, 09:32 PM
Well, I already posted this in the dreams discussion thread, but it seems to fit here as well.
I had a reoccuring bad dream all through my childhood.
I dream that I'm standing on the shore of the ocean. It is a cool day with a gray sky, gray water, and gray sand. I'm down by the waters edge and I notice that the sand has been eroded away so that I am next to a shoulder high wall of damp sand. I start thinking "that's odd, how am I suppossed to get off the beach?" when I hear something way out in the ocean. I turn to look and notice a HUGE WAVE coming towards me. Its taller than I can see, just a mountain of gray water rushing in. I start trying to get away by climbing the sand, but it keeps crumbling away. There's nothing to grab onto, it's too high to jump on top of, and the faster I dig at it the faster it crumbles. I'm buried up to my knees in sand with the giant wave rushing in and I look up and all I see is water rushing down towards me. I know I'm going to die. And then I wake up.
I had that dream over and over. Really scary.

Setra
2007-10-26, 10:30 PM
Well my regular nightmare wont help you much
But I did have a weird nightmare when I was a kid.

Basically I woke up as normal, but covered in blood.
So I went looking around in the house, and everyone that I hold dear lay there in a big pile.
Literally ripped apart, and then I looked in the mirror and saw myself grinning at me.

It's very disturbing, even more so because I was only 8 at the time :smalleek:
redruM! redruM!

Kaelaroth
2007-10-27, 03:54 AM
Terrified me for days, till I wrote long essay on it and got an A*!!!

I am in a pine forest at night. Trees seem to be penetrating the sky; that's how far they rise. And I am being chased. By what I do not know, but they are invisible, fast, and desperately want to kill me. I run as fast as I can through identical trees, and I can hear their noises behind me; smooth breathing, and the slliiing of metal, but every time I dart behind for a quick peep they fade into the night. I keep running for about an hour, constantly conscious of their approach... till I feel something smooth and cold run across me back. I dart my head back to see a great gaping maw about to close in on me. With a sudden burst of speed I get away, I fall into more trees. And just ahead of me lies a wooden barracks, walled by spikes of wood and barbed wire. I run up to it, and beg what seems to be a guard to let me in. It is just a cloak floating of the ground. I push it aside, wretchedly, and vault over the wire, and push open the gate. Floating ahead of me is a figure garbed in deep-green robes, which seems to be exuding some kind of light, which melds with the night sky, creating heat distortion. I run up to the blurry figure, begging and pleading it to help me. As I look up into its eyes, it reaches down to embrace me, as its bladed hands slice through my neck.

I realise that doesn't sound immensely terrifying, but it haunted me for days. Hoped it helped.

Extra_Crispy
2007-10-27, 06:39 AM
I had one reoccuring nightmare as a child that woud always make me wake up not from fright or screaming but just crying and severly depressed. You see my family and I were and are very close.

Anyway the dream starts out with us as a family going to a large store or mall and doing some shopping. Suddenly we are there too late and the mall has closed and we are trapped inside. Strangely there are now no items to buy and the building is just a huge open building. From nowhere comes a voice, like a radio announcer, that says to watch out for some evil creature. My father says it will be fine and there is no need to worry, but from behind him comes a dragon. Its the creature. We all start running but it is too fast and is going to catch us, though we ran for a long time. My father decides to turn back to fight it and hold it off while we escape. Unfortunatly this is fruitless as the dragons slightest tough turns the person it touches into another evil dragon. So I see my father slowly twisting in agony as his body changes into a dragon and he turns slowly to face me with this evil "im going to kill and eat you look". My mother slowly pulls me and my sister away from the area and we start running from the dragon again. My "dragon" father disappears. We try running all over the place the whole time the dragon is just out of reach, when suddenly these large doors open allowing us to leave the mall and there is bright sun light shining in. Well we know that to run out into the open trying to get out the doors will leave us easy pray for the dragon but the only way is to leave so we run for it. We are almost out the door when the dragon pounces down just behind us, there is no way to out run it to the door so my mother yells at my sister and I to run and she heads back to the dragon to delay it. I dont want to run but my sister, who is older than me, starts to drag me toward the door. The last immage I have in my mind that I awake with is my mother slowly and very very painfully melting away to be replaced by another dragon bent on killing us. The whole time screaming at us to run, to get away before she changes, crying and telling us that she loves us. My sister and I make it out the door and it slowly closes with that immage of my mother still there.

I used to wake up with cold sweats just silently crying, that dream would destroy any chances of sleep or having a good day that day. I had the same dream every so often for a few years.

Dhavaer
2007-10-27, 06:55 AM
Minnie Mouse was running away from a giant, black minotaur. She hid from it by going into a house and painting the windows black.