PDA

View Full Version : Dashing Dhampir Bard (Party Face)

Nosta
2020-05-12, 06:57 PM
I need help setting up a build
First off I do not know if Dhampir is a 5e race so don't hurt me...

It's a female Dhampir Named Karina Kusatov. She Dresses in a Ringmaster's outfit and had a silver pocket watch at her side. She has blonde hair and Reddish Gold Eyes

She was Born the Half Breed Daughter of a Politician of the sanguine Senate and a Unknown Human Mother

One day she found our her father was Plotting to over the throw the king so she killed him to prevent unneeded Bloodshed
How ever she had no proof of her father's plan and had to feel. She eventually ended up at the outskirts of the kingdom and found refuge in camp off bandits and outcast . She used her Manipulate charms to convince them to make her their leader . She then Built a type of Traveling Freak Show who use there talents to Entrance Their Audience and "Earn"some Extra Tips.

She had knowledge of Basic sword play and is never with out her Sword cane . Very intelligent and charming but lacking some common sense she some times acts without thinking .

She can Defend herself but she won't be soloing Any Bosses.

Rfkannen
2020-05-12, 10:22 PM
sounds like a great character!

Dhampir is not official in dnd, but there is totally a non homebrew to make one within the rules!! Be a variant human with the magic initiate feat: sorcerer. the magic initiate feat means you have a little bit of that class' magic, and being part vampire is an awesome way to be a sorcerer! For spells I would take: friends, prestidigitation, and charm person. Just like that you are a human with some vampire blood!

For background I would go with entertainer, it means people can know your traveling freak show!

What books do you have access to? The valor bard in the players handbook is great if you want to be a sort of martial leader, being good with a sword but mostly being an inspiring force. The swords bard in xanathar's is good if you want to mostly be stabbing people.

Stats are always tough!

I would use the standered array, and put your stats in order of dexterity>charisma>constitution>intelligence>wisdom

Hope you have fun!

SLOTHRPG95
2020-05-13, 12:45 AM
If your DM is down for it, Tiefling is pretty easy to reskin into a Dhampir. Just swap fire resistance out for necrotic resistance, friends instead of thaumaturgy for the free cantrip, and charm person instead of hellish rebuke. And voila, you have a Dhampir.

P. G. Macer
2020-05-13, 01:00 AM
If your DM allows the Plane Shift PDFs that the Magic: The Gathering team used to publish before Wizards realized people would buy them as books, Plane Shift: Ixalan has a vampire race that makes an excellent Dhampir.

For class, I would recommend going Bard, College of Swords if you want to emphasize the swordplay aspect of your character or College of Whispers if it’s sinister mind manipulation that you value most.

Theodoxus
2020-05-13, 07:02 AM
If 3rd party publications are allowed by your DM, Kobold Press' Midgard setting has an official Dhampir race which has exactly what you're looking for.