PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Adventures in Shaar

yoshi67
2020-05-12, 10:53 PM
I've been running some one-off adventures with some newer players, and we recently stopped about halfway through Mines of Phandelver due to several members moving out of state. A couple new players (varying levels of experience) want to join a new campaign. I feel more comfortable modifying and running pre-written adventures because it takes more off of me for prep (mores so now than ever as a work in a hospital) and I'm not great coming up with a story arch to tie encounters together. All my players don't mind it either, so no issues with players feeling trapped in a single story.

Since even the newest players seem a little bored with the standard orcs, goblins, trolls, and cultists, I want to use the full game world and monster manual of Forgotten Realms and play with Thri-Kreen, Manticores, Wemics, etc. I'd like an adventure either set somewhere in Shaar, or one featuring Thri-Kreen or Slaad. It doesn't have to be long, as I usually insert extra encounters and side stories into the main quest.

Know of any adventures featuring lesser used races or monsters, or set in Shaar?