PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Path of the Cavemother - Orcish Barbarian Path - Feedback appreciated

Aodh
2020-05-14, 04:03 AM
Path of the Cavemother

A barbarian follower of Luthic, Claws of Luthic are traditionally female members of orcish tribes who defend their homes, nurture children and heal their kin. Men of the tribe who take part in these activities or have a passion for Luthic’s other aspects, such as her bear motif, may also follow this path but are rarer. Followers of Luthic also commonly grow their nails and use lacquer to harden them into talons, which are then given blessings by the Cave Mother herself. Although this path is unique to Luthic it could be used to substitute for other tribal roles associated with motherhood or protecting the home.

The Cave Bear’s Talons
Starting when you choose this path at 3rd level, your nails harden and lengthen into vicious talons, which act as unarmed attacks but use a 1d6 and deal slashing damage on a hit. When raging, when you use your action to make a claw attack you can also make one additional attack using your claws as a bonus action. Creatures you attack with these claws have disadvantage on opportunity attacks against your allies.

Matriarchal Fury
When you are raging and hit a creature with your claws you now deal an additional 1d4 acid damage if that creature has hit an ally of yours on their last turn. If you kill a creature that has hit an ally with your claws while raging you may confer 1d4 temporary hit points to one of the allies that the creature hit.

Mother’s Balm
Beginning at 10th level, Luthic grants you the ability to mend and provide for those who you hold dear. You gain proficiency in either medicine or survival. You can cast the mass cure wounds spell, but only as a ritual and only a number of times equal to your wisdom modifier per long rest, and wisdom is your spellcasting ability for this spell.

Aegis of Luthic
At 14th level, your devotion to Luthic has reached its zenith. When an enemy hits one of your allies with a melee attack within 5 feet of you they take damage equal to half of your strength modifier.

JNAProductions
2020-05-14, 09:17 AM
For the Cave BEar's Talons, make the extra attack cost a bonus action.

Matriarchal Fury does not list a level-I'm assuming six.
It also needs a time limitation-as written, if a goblin pokes my ally, and I hunt down that goblin sixteen years later, I still get that bonus damage. It's also probably too good-you're no effectively wielding a greatsword against anyone who hurts an ally, with a bonus attack, and one-handed.

Mother's Balm looks fine.

Aegis looks fine.

Aodh
2020-05-15, 03:55 AM
For the Cave BEar's Talons, make the extra attack cost a bonus action.

Matriarchal Fury does not list a level-I'm assuming six.
It also needs a time limitation-as written, if a goblin pokes my ally, and I hunt down that goblin sixteen years later, I still get that bonus damage. It's also probably too good-you're no effectively wielding a greatsword against anyone who hurts an ally, with a bonus attack, and one-handed.

Thank you so much! I've made those amendments.

JNAProductions
2020-05-15, 11:15 AM
Okay. Make the BA attack contingent on attacking with the claws on your main action.

Otherwise, looks good!