PDA

View Full Version : The Glocktopus build

moonfly7
2020-05-14, 08:20 PM
So hopefully you've seen the meme this is based on, but if you haven't it goes like this:
My druid is going to multiclass into gun slinger, I am now, the Glock-topus. Octopus with guns.
So I had an idea when considering artificers artillerist build: you use your bonus action to shoot it. Moon druid artillerist could totally be an octopus with bonus action guns.
Amy thoughts about this build? It's not optimized, but it's fun as heck.
"I threaten him with my gun"
"While in octopus form?"
"YES"
"flub flub flub flub flub"
*waves gun*

Potato_Priest
2020-05-14, 09:32 PM
Based on my understanding of what the artificier's gun is like, I think you'd be more of a Flintlocktopus.

moonfly7
2020-05-15, 07:31 AM
Based on my understanding of what the artificier's gun is like, I think you'd be more of a Flintlocktopus.

True, true

Democratus
2020-05-15, 08:17 AM
You could take the 'Throw Anything' ability and be a "rocktopus".

Yora
2020-05-15, 08:28 AM
Of course there's drawings of it:
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/angry-pirate-octopus-firearm-hand-pistol-musket-pistol-rifle-aggressive-vector-illustration-isolated-white-t-shirt-82631379.jpg

Democratus
2020-05-15, 08:36 AM
That is so much win! :smallbiggrin:

Demonslayer666
2020-05-15, 09:50 AM
This made me smile. I really like it, and want to steal this as a villain in my next campaign.

Chronos
2020-05-15, 10:13 AM
I opened this thread just because I was hoping there would be a link to the mentioned meme.

moonfly7
2020-05-15, 10:36 AM
I opened this thread just because I was hoping there would be a link to the mentioned meme.
Sorry to disappoint, here allow it to be rectified:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dnd+glocktopus+meme&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwi2zeaGmbbpAhWL_awKHd3qB4UQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=dnd+glocktopus+meme&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQAzoECAAQDToECB4 QClCZwgFYsMgBYPLPAWgAcAB4AIABlAGIAf0DkgEDMS4zmAEAo AEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=zba-XvayIIv7swXd1Z-oCA&bih=560&biw=360&client=ms-android-att-aio-us&prmd=ivn&safe=strict
Does this solve your problem?
Edit: just remembered there's a running joke in our DND group about a bear with a gun, born from our first game ever when one player saw a glimpse as our DM flipped through the monster manual and shrieked "was that an effing bear with a gun" it sadly wasn't but ever since then we've made jokes about one showing up, this could totally be done with this build too.