PDA

View Full Version : Eating Fey

Palanan
2020-05-15, 03:41 PM
Apart from earning the ire of their relations, does eating fey have any special consequences?

I'm open to all sources on this one--WotC, Paizo, and third-party. Just wondered if there are any benefits listed anywhere for consuming fey.

Maat Mons
2020-05-15, 03:55 PM
If you're willing to interpret "eating" euphemistically, there are mechanical benefits for being romantic with a nymph. The feat Nymph's Kiss, specifically.

hamishspence
2020-05-15, 03:58 PM
Become a Ghoul after death maybe - that's typical for those who eat sapient beings (Dragon 336, October 2005)

If someone kills you while you're in the act of eating a sapient, you may come back as a Ghast instead.

If you make a habit of murdering sapients, and are killed while unrepentant and wanting to kill more, you may come back as a Mohrg. Those who are killed by hanging, are especially likely to come back as mohrgs.

Telok
2020-05-15, 04:38 PM
If you make a habit of murdering sapients, and are killed while unrepentant and wanting to kill more, you may come back as a Mohrg.

The venn diagram of mohrgs and dead adventurers must be kind of scary.

Malphegor
2020-05-15, 04:48 PM

It's like they say- stay on the straight and narrow or you'll end up in a/as a morgue/mohrg!

Emperor Tippy
2020-05-15, 04:54 PM
Apart from earning the ire of their relations, does eating fey have any special consequences?

It gives you gas. :smallwink:

Palanan
2020-05-15, 05:47 PM
To clarify, and to avoid unnecessary and unsuccessful attempts at humor, I'm looking for anything that would provide a benefit to a character while still alive.

And to further clarify, I mean specifically the cooking and eating of fey flesh. Not looking for cute attempts to word around this, just want to know if eating roast fey will provide any in-game mechanical advantages.

Blackhawk748
2020-05-15, 05:55 PM
To clarify, and to avoid unnecessary and unsuccessful attempts at humor, I'm looking for anything that would provide a benefit to a character while still alive.

And to further clarify, I mean specifically the cooking and eating of fey flesh. Not looking for cute attempts to word around this, just want to know if eating roast fey will provide any in-game mechanical advantages.

To answer, not that I am aware. Gonna be hones though, sounds like a really good way to get a curse slapped onto you.

There's probably a fair few ways out of this. Like being devoted to a god for example.

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-05-15, 07:40 PM

Book of Vile Darkness has Terran Brandy, an alcohol made from dying fey. +2 alchemical bonus to caster level, 2 points of Con damage, various addiction-related issues I don't feel like summarizing.

Falontani
2020-05-16, 03:14 AM
Benefits, only the brandy above comes to mind. But there are loads of diseases (some even statted) that you should beware of. Also don't eat the brownies.

Saintheart
2020-05-16, 05:12 AM

I'm open to all sources on this one--WotC, Paizo, and third-party. Just wondered if there are any benefits listed anywhere for consuming fey.

Couple of HD if you happen to be a Dusk Giant?

SimonMoon6
2020-05-18, 10:42 AM
Eating a leprechaun gives you a 50% chance to gain their ability to teleport randomly. Oh wait, that's in Nethack, not D&D. Never mind.

Falontani
2020-05-18, 01:08 PM
Eating a leprechaun gives you a 50% chance to gain their ability to teleport randomly. Oh wait, that's in Nethack, not D&D. Never mind.
And wazhack. Good games those.

Dr_Dinosaur
2020-05-18, 02:45 PM
Fey meat tastes carbonated, like savory pop rocks

animewatcha
2020-05-18, 04:05 PM
There any chance that eating a fey bull that might be colored red will give you wings?

Palanan
2020-05-18, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by NotASpiderSwarm
Book of Vile Darkness has Terran Brandy, an alcohol made from dying fey. +2 alchemical bonus to caster level, 2 points of Con damage, various addiction-related issues I don't feel like summarizing.

Good catch on this one. Looks like this is the only mechanical benefit.

Originally Posted by Falontani
*diseases*

Could you elaborate on this? Are these diseases specific to fey that can be contracted by physical contact?

Nifft
2020-05-18, 07:54 PM
Could you elaborate on this? Are these diseases specific to fey that can be contracted by physical contact?

Dryadbedes.

Nymphoma.

Sylphilis.

False God
2020-05-18, 08:20 PM
Dryadbedes.

Nymphoma.

Sylphilis.

I found that a lot funnier than I probably should have. Nice.

---
@OP, the main benefit you gain is being regarded as a cannibalistic psychopath and this is the sort of character you enjoy playing.

Telok
2020-05-18, 11:11 PM
the main benefit you gain is being regarded as a cannibalistic psychopath and this is the sort of character you enjoy playing.

It's not cannibalisim if it's outside your species.

Falontani
2020-05-19, 12:37 AM

perhaps true, but I don't doubt that most civilized races would look down upon eating other sentient/sapient creatures. The question is where you draw the line. You know, like it is irl. Do you draw the line at dogs/cats, or further down at horses, maybe even further at pigs. Only in this case, do you draw the line at awakened cows, or do we go up the list up to dwarves and elves?

Saintheart
2020-05-19, 08:26 AM

As said before, Dusk Giant Cannibalism (Ex) disagrees with you!