PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Alchemic Supplies Spellcasting Focus? Please Help. :(

werescythe
2020-05-15, 09:37 PM
So I am playing a game with a character that is an alchemist artificer and while I really like the class, I realized there are somethings that I need clarified.

In Eberron:RotLW there is an ability that has it that when you cast spells using Alchemist Supplies, you gain bonuses to some of your offensive spells (depending upon the element) and healing spells. The question I have is... what counts as alchemist supplies.

Originally my thought was that the character would actually drink her own potions and that would allow her to cast her spells. However, I am not sure if that works for the ability above.

So I am wondering, do you think that could work since the alchemist is technically using her supplies to make the potions that she uses in combat or does she need to one of the supplies for the casting. In the case that you think it should be the later, what do you think would be a good item to use that fits the alchemy theme?

Sigreid
2020-05-15, 09:52 PM
It can be really any flavor you and your DM agree upon. You could have short life potions you drink for your spells, or you could be a mad chemist making crazy concoctions that you hurl recklessly at your foes. Or it can be just a focus like a wand.