PDA

View Full Version : looking for homebrew wizard where you link your spells (school of geometry)

Myth27
2020-05-16, 07:17 AM
I read an homebrew wizard subclass a while ago, but I can't remember the name. I'll write what I can rememeber about it so that may someone can recognize it. It was something like this:

You had to write the spells you prepared in a certain order and certain levels based on the slot levels and then you could link the "adjacent ones" and you could swap the damage or the saving throw of a spell for another type in a linked spell.

I don't remember much else. I hope it makes some sense.

Basically you had this web that represented your spellbook.

Kane0
2020-05-16, 08:10 AM
Ooh i think i remember this one! Was this it?

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?569304-School-of-Geometry-My-Personal-Take

Myth27
2020-05-16, 09:17 AM
yayyy!!!
thank you :smallsmile:

Dienekes
2020-05-16, 12:06 PM
Ooh i think i remember this one! Was this it?

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?569304-School-of-Geometry-My-Personal-Take

That may in fact be the most interesting Wizard subclass I have ever seen.

Kane0
2020-05-16, 12:40 PM
Yeah it struck me too, i adapted a version of it for my table.
And seeing just how many wizards I’ve not liked from UA, coming across this was quite a relief.

Myth27
2020-05-17, 05:00 PM
Yeah it struck me too, i adapted a version of it for my table.
And seeing just how many wizards I’ve not liked from UA, coming across this was quite a relief.

How did it go? what changes did you make ?

Kane0
2020-05-17, 05:41 PM
inspired by this lovely fellow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?569304-School-of-Geometry-My-Personal-Take)

Level 2: Ritual Savant
Beginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy a ritual spell into your spellbook is halved.

Level 2: Magic Mapping
Starting at 2nd level, you can arrange your spell knowledge into a cipher of patterned glyphs, using them to garner insight into the inner workings of magic.
When you prepare your spells you can arrange them visually on a triangular grid, connecting spells of the same level or school. This map cannot be separated, though it need not contain all your spells.
Any spell on the map with only one connection is called a terminus, and deals extra damage equal to your proficiency bonus when cast.
Any three directly connected spells is called a loop, and increases your Wizard level by 1 for the purposes of your Arcane Recovery feature to a maximum of your proficiency bonus.

Level 6: Spell Link
When casting a spell that is marked as part of a loop on your map, you can exchange the damage type dealt or type of saving throw for that of another of a spell in that loop. After you use this feature you cannot do so again until you finish a short or long rest.

Level 10: Geometric Shift
When you cast a spell of 1st level or higher that is marked as a terminus on your map, as a Bonus Action you can teleport one creature you can see within 30 feet of you a distance up to 5 feet per level of the spell cast. Unwilling creatures can make a Wisdom saving throw against your spell DC to avoid being teleported.

Level 14: Greater Spell Link
When you cast a spell that is part of a loop, as a Bonus Action you can also cast another spell within that loop. After you use this feature you cannot do so again until you finish a short or long rest.

Though you could probably incorporate aspects of the recent Scribe wizard UA if you wanted.