PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bard and a noob and I need help

bard4181
2020-05-16, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone, first time for me in a forum and in dnd 5e.
Some disclaimer:
I play in a comic store, now home cause covid, that allows you to partecipate in different oneshots with the same pg. I chose the bard cause it was more versatile and I didn't know the people I would get in the party.
Mostly I go around with two paladins and, now, a death's domain cleric.

The dm are pretty permissive and you basically can buy anything from the official object list, maybe some custom too.

So now I have this valor bard that got an oathbow. I'm trying to optimize an archer build then. I rolled pretty high abilities and now, I'm leveling the 16th, I have 20 cha, 20 dex, 18 con, 14 int and wis, 10 str.
With magical secret I took holy weapon, counterspell, swift quiver and simulacrum. They allow me to combine holy weapon and swift quiver via simulacrum. I have also 20 CA and the dm gave me a D4-1 a day (whole d4 in 18th and d4+1 in 20th) chances to get my cha doubled.

So now my questions are:
Should I take a feat (I already have resilient and got proficiency in con) or add wisdom?
Should I multiclass (thinking about hex warlock)?
And if I give an opportunity should I up my dex or cha?

(sorry for my english, be nice, please)

CTurbo
2020-05-16, 02:44 PM
I would go Bard 18 for more magical secrets, and then take 2 levels of Fighter for Archery Style and Action Surge. It would be nice to have Sharpshooter though, but you can live without it.

bard4181
2020-05-18, 12:25 PM
Thanks a lot ;)