PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Gestalt Feats (Multiclass Feats)

rferries
2020-05-16, 02:43 PM
Gestalt Ally [General]
Your pets are as experienced as you are.

Prerequisites
At least two levels in at least two different base classes.

Benefits
For the purpose of the animal companion, special mount, and summon familiar class abilities, your class level increases to equal your character level.

Special
A fighter may select Gestalt Ally as a bonus fighter feat.

Gestalt Attacks [General]
You are a mighty adventurer.

Prerequisites

Benefits
Your base attack bonus progression from each of your class levels increases to the best progression amongst classes you possess. For example, if you have a level of barbarian your base attack bonus increases to equal your character level.

Special
A fighter may select Gestalt Attacks as a bonus fighter feat.

Gestalt Health [General]
You are a hale and hearty adventurer.

Prerequisites

Benefits
Your Hit Die from each of your class levels increases to the highest Hit Die amongst classes you possess. For example, if you have a level of barbarian each of your non-barbarian class levels grants you a d12 Hit Die.

Special
A fighter may select Gestalt Health as a bonus fighter feat.

Gestalt Save [General]
You are a resilient adventurer.

Prerequisites

Benefits
Choose a saving throw (Fortitude, Reflex, or Will) when you select this feat. If any of your classes have the Good progression for that saving throw (i.e. base save bonus = 1/2 class level +2), your base save bonus for that saving throw increases to equal one-half your character level + 2.

Special
You may select Gestalt Save more than once, choosing a different saving throw each time.

A fighter may select Gestalt Save as a bonus fighter feat.

Gestalt Skills [General]
You are a well-rounded adventurer.

Prerequisites

Benefits
Your skill points per level increases to the highest skill points per level amongst classes you possess. For example, if you have a level of rogue each of your non-rogue class levels grants you skill points equal to 8 + your Intelligence modifier. This benefit applies retroactively, including to the quadruple skill points received at first level.

Additionally, if a skill is a class skill for any of your classes it is always treated as a class skill for you. You regain one skill point for each cross-class skill rank you invested in such skills when you select this feat.

Special
A fighter may select Gestalt Skills as a bonus fighter feat.

Gestalt Spellcaster [General]
You are a mystical adventurer.

Prerequisites

Benefits
When determining your caster level for each class you possess, if any of your classes have the Full caster level progression (i.e. caster level equal to total class level) your caster level for each of your classes increases to equal your character level. This applies only to caster level, not any other statistic (e.g. familiar abilities, spells known, spells per day, etc)

Special
A fighter may select Gestalt Spellcaster as a bonus fighter feat.

Gestalt Spirituality [General]
You are a contemplative adventurer.

Prerequisites

Benefits
For the purpose of the rebuke undead, turn undead, and wild empathy class abilities, your class level increases to equal your character level.

Special
A fighter may select Gestalt Spirituality as a bonus fighter feat.

NigelWalmsley
2020-05-16, 05:42 PM
These seem... pretty bad. Gestalt Attacks has a decent chance to not even do anything at the first level you can take it. Gestalt Spellcaster will be worse than Practiced Spellcaster for most builds you have any business playing.

Also, Gestalt Health should clarify if it applies retroactively or not, like Gestalt Skills does.

cheshirewolff
2020-05-16, 06:34 PM
I think gestalt attacks and improved gestalt attacks can be combined into one feat perhaps? I like the idea though

FaerieGodfather
2020-05-17, 04:04 AM
Overhauling Multiclassing (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/261964/Overhauling-Multiclassing) on DriveThruRPG for Pathfinder 1e. Similar concept with a slightly different execution-- in OM, you're fixed-progression in your primary class and you buy the chassis and class features of your secondary class with feats.

I'm not 100% on board with Tipsy Tabby's approach, but I think something between his and yours would have a lot of potential-- using Feats to both limit and enhance the default multiclassing system.

edit: Really key, to my thinking, is making sure the feat tree includes "theurge" features.

rferries
2020-05-17, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the comments, everyone! I've merged the Gestalt Attacks feats and added a couple more. I'm actually happy to hear these might be a bit weak, I usually way overshoot the power mark haha. Plus, I'm sure there are all sorts of broken fighter 1/rogue 2/wizard 17 builds possible with all good saves, hp, BAB, evasion, spells, etc!

NigelWalmsley
2020-05-18, 06:55 AM
I'm not sure losing three caster levels and spending a bunch of feats to get an improved chassis seems like a great deal for a Wizard.

rferries
2020-05-18, 12:18 PM
I'm not sure losing three caster levels and spending a bunch of feats to get an improved chassis seems like a great deal for a Wizard.

Just an example! :)

Nifft
2020-05-18, 12:31 PM
Overhauling Multiclassing (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/261964/Overhauling-Multiclassing) on DriveThruRPG for Pathfinder 1e. Similar concept with a slightly different execution-- in OM, you're fixed-progression in your primary class and you buy the chassis and class features of your secondary class with feats.

That sounds like the 4e method for multiclassing, which wasn't overpowered and did have some interesting uses.

== ===== ==

@rferries - overall these feats seem fine, neither overpowered nor strictly necessary.

There might be some caster level interaction issues with something like the Ultimate Magus but it's rather niche.