PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Dreamscarred Press: Radiant Dawn Discipline?

Wolfswift
2020-05-16, 04:08 PM
Hello, I'm building a Mystic character for an upcoming game and was planning to swap Radiant Dawn in. I was copying down all the maneuvers onto cards and found a 6th level maneuver with weird text, I own the book and checked for it in there and found it doesn't exist. I looked around and found out the maneuvers on d20pfsrd (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/alternative-rule-systems-path-of-war-disciplines-and-maneuvers-radiant-dawn-maneuvers/) seems to be based on the playtest material (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxvxLR5IDD2J_EHV0n60dxoS504TPwZXeun7HeKumN4/edit#). But I also found the same list of maneuvers on Library of Metzofitz (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Radiant_Dawn). So I'm now uncertain if the book or these sites have the right listings? Was there errata? Which listing is correct?

digiman619
2020-05-16, 05:09 PM
The PFSRD is extremely out of date. Library of Metzofitz is the more accurate source.

Wolfswift
2020-05-16, 05:25 PM
The PFSRD is extremely out of date. Library of Metzofitz is the more accurate source.

But... They're the same? So they're both out of date? To be clear, I bought the pdf for the book "Divergent Paths: Rajah" which I can't link here, but I found it was copyright 2017. I can't find any information on if the other sites are accurate and up to date from errata, but I am now suspecting the book may be the only up to date source of Radiant Dawn maneuvers.

AlienFromBeyond
2020-05-16, 05:28 PM
But... They're the same? So they're both out of date? To be clear, I bought the pdf for the book "Divergent Paths: Rajah" which I can't link here, but I found it was copyright 2017. I can't find any information on if the other sites are accurate and up to date from errata, but I am now suspecting the book may be the only up to date source of Radiant Dawn maneuvers.
Weird, because my copy is copyright 2018. What maneuver are you checking?

Wolfswift
2020-05-16, 05:35 PM
Weird, because my copy is copyright 2018. What maneuver are you checking?

Ah! I re-downloaded the pdf, there was a newer version evidently, weird. The maneuver that made me check the original PDF to begin with had been Path of the Sun, 6th level maneuver, it wasn't in the copyright 2017 book, but it is in this one, but it's about as confusing. The range being a "close range foot line" but I do think I understand it now as a line attack that has a range of (close range) feet. I guess that solves that.

Kris Moonhand
2020-05-17, 12:51 AM
You might have had the playtest PDF originally. Several RD maneuvers were altered, renamed, or simply removed as part of the official release. Path of the Sun was originally an 8th level stance that granted essence to all of your maneuvers equal to your number of expended maneuvers. I thought it was pretty cool, but I can see why they got rid of it.