PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Trying to find rune tokens?

aglondier
2020-05-18, 07:29 AM
I cannot remember where I read it, but years ago I read about a feat or something that allowed you to replace a spellcasters material components with specially crafted rune tokens, basically turning your M component into a F...more or less.
Anyway, I'm trying to track it down again and would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know. Thanks.

Malphegor
2020-05-18, 08:05 AM
I think it’s runesmith that does it for arcane, it lets you scribe your spells on disposable runes that replace somatic components, letting you cast in armour.

I would also chuck into this Geometer as an option too- you make spellglyphs that substitute even expensive material components with fancy inks- I could see a wizard making a rune that also incorporates arcane glyphs to remove material and somatic components.

aglondier
2020-05-18, 04:57 PM
Hmmm...interesting, but not the thing. It was definitely not a class feature.

daremetoidareyo
2020-05-18, 05:44 PM
Magic tiles in complete arcane p.138?

thorr-kan
2020-05-18, 07:41 PM
Inscribe Rune, FR Campaign Setting and Player's Guide to Faerun.

aglondier
2020-05-19, 01:15 AM
Magic tiles in complete arcane p.138?

Inscribe Rune, FR Campaign Setting and Player's Guide to Faerun.

Neither. The first is an alternate spellbook, the second a variant scroll.

I remember filling my spell component pouch with rune inscribed 'tokens' that had cost variable amounts to replace the regular smelly handful of bits. Just can't remember where I got it from...

Thurbane
2020-05-19, 01:53 AM
Runesmith feat? RoF p.167: "You can make runes that take the place of traditional material components for spells you cast."

aglondier
2020-05-19, 02:04 AM
Runesmith feat? RoF p.167: "You can make runes that take the place of traditional material components for spells you cast."

Yes!!! Thankyou. Much appreciated.