PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Halp!

LairdMaon
2020-05-18, 06:35 PM
I have inspiration for a class, I just can't figure out the path forward with making it happen. Anyone up for collaborating?

el minster
2020-05-18, 08:19 PM
I have small knowledge and can't commit. But i can offer tips

LairdMaon
2020-05-18, 08:28 PM
Thank you for any help.

See, there's a spell that I love. Moon Blade. I'd like to see it, or a direct analog, taking the place of Eldritch Blast on a warlock analog. Maybe make it a bit more fighty?

Elves
2020-05-18, 08:33 PM
Since the spell is melee, why not do a martial/warlock PRC that gets a moon blade as a variant of eldritch glaive and some new moon themed invocations? Or if you want to make it a base class, it could be a hexblade class variant -- hexblade should be using invocations to begin with, if only to differentiate it from duskblade. In 4e, hexblades get a special "pact blade" with a special name (eg, "black blade of oblivion" I think was one choice) -- the moon blade could be this variant's pact blade.

LairdMaon
2020-05-18, 08:38 PM
I'd like to find a way to remove the uses/day limit. That said, I do like the direction you went with this, Elves. Perhaps putting this together will be the inventive I need to finally get a hang of spell-casting.

Snowbluff
2020-05-18, 08:43 PM
>:V
Laird just use the beseecher. :smalltongue:

LairdMaon
2020-05-18, 08:51 PM
Because I'm not looking for Druid-Lock. And I don't do pets.

LairdMaon
2020-05-19, 03:26 AM
I've been going over this in my head all day and I just had an epiphany.

A Soulmeld. Not many spells at all have the potential to be converted into a soulmeld, but I think Moon Blade can.

It's got five elements to it: 1d8 untyped damage, double damage to undead, counts as sword (all of them), melee touch attacks, scrambles magic

Now, there's six power levels that soulmelds have access to on top of the base effect.
Crown
Hands/feet
Arms/brow/shoulders
Throat/waist
Heart
Soul

What if, instead of a unique effect at each applicable chakra point, it could be bound to any chakra and each level of chakra location let you choose your choice of a designated number of elements?

Here's version 1.

Shaped
1d8 untyped, 20/x2
(+1 to hit and hurt)/ essentia

Selection Pool

Double damage to undead
Counts as sword (all of them)
Melee touch attacks
Scrambles magic

Crown= 1 effect
Hands/feet= 2 effects
Arms/brow/shoulders= 3 effects
Throat/waist= 4 effects
Heart= 5 effects
Soul= all effects

In this case, only two more elements are needed. Don't put it on any Meldshaper list; it's only available through the Shape Soulmeld feat.

Whew!
Any thoughts?