PDA

View Full Version : Spore (Game)

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-26, 11:24 AM
what does everyone think about the Game Spore? its coming out next year and I am deffinitly going to buy it first day.

seriously: You can pump carbon Dioxide into the Apmosphere to destroy a Planet and Create your own species. this is Excelent! :biggrin:

Jibar
2007-10-26, 11:44 AM
You'll find very few of us who are not looking forward to the game.
I've however stopped thinking about it, because every time I do the release date gets pushed back.
Hell, as I post this, it's probably being pushed into 2009.

Khosan
2007-10-26, 12:04 PM
I wanna make a Mutalisk in Spore.

Anything Zerg would be awesome though. Especially if I could eventually work my way up to an Ultralisk.

The Orange Zergling
2007-10-26, 05:02 PM
I wanna make a Mutalisk in Spore.

Anything Zerg would be awesome though. Especially if I could eventually work my way up to an Ultralisk.

Oh that is it, it's on...

We pre-ordered it, I think... Or at least got told we could buy it in march/april... I don't remember.

bugsysservant
2007-10-26, 08:21 PM
I've however stopped thinking about it, because every time I do the release date gets pushed back.

I'm not. Just one more game my crappy computer probably won't be able to play. :smallfrown: Ah well, if the release date gets pushed back far enough I will probably have gotten a new one by then. :smallbiggrin:

mikeforte123
2007-10-28, 11:16 PM
I want this game so bad, i may actually get a job to buy upgrades for my computer O.o

Tyrael
2007-10-28, 11:21 PM
First thing I do, I'll try to create an Andalite.

Jakezor
2007-10-28, 11:23 PM
I'm not. Just one more game my crappy computer probably won't be able to play. :smallfrown: Ah well, if the release date gets pushed back far enough I will probably have gotten a new one by then. :smallbiggrin:

TBH, this is exactly why Spore is "Pulling a Half-Life 2".
Not enough of the market is actually capible of playing it for it to work right now.
A game really lives on dies on release, there are precious few "come back" titles.
They're waiting to make sure enough people can actually play, and hence will buy, the game.
A lot of time and money has gone into Spore, if it has a bad release week, it'll hurt the company big time.

Oh well, My dual-core dual vid-card machine with 2 gigs of ram is ready to go once they finally do release...

Destro_Yersul
2007-10-29, 02:34 AM
If, on release, my computer cannot run this game, I will stick upgrades of various sorts into it until it can.

That is all.

Setra
2007-10-29, 02:55 AM
First thing I do, I'll try to create an Andalite.
That sounds very familiar... What is that from? Reminds me of Animorphs.

Yuki Akuma
2007-10-29, 07:04 AM
That sounds very familiar... What is that from? Reminds me of Animorphs.

That's because it's from Animorphs!

Also, why do people keep insist on making new Spore threads? We have no new info. None. We haven't had any for months.

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-29, 07:45 AM

Also, why do people keep insist on making new Spore threads? We have no new info. None. We haven't had any for months.

Who cares? It looks cool and thats all we need to make a thread.:wink: :biggrin:

Kaelaroth
2007-10-29, 08:10 AM
I want this game so much! I have two main desires; slick winged humanoids with death rays from eyes, and small fluffy animals with have improbably huge maws. :biggrin:. However creating mindless gloop that desperately needs to eat would be slick too. Or mice-monkeys! Or Bat-Men! Or Fiery Spider-Droids.... Or............

Can't wait! (though it seems like I'll have to :smallfrown: )

Setra
2007-10-29, 01:01 PM
I thought so but I hadn't read the books in years so I wasn't sure.

Leper_Kahn
2007-10-29, 11:03 PM

Heh. I thought it was just me who felt like this.

Not that SimCity Societies won't keep me busy until Spore comes out.

Azuroth
2007-10-30, 03:38 PM
TBH, this is exactly why Spore is "Pulling a Half-Life 2".
Not enough of the market is actually capible of playing it for it to work right now.

Ok, I'm confused. If Spore is supposed to be so mind bogglingly complicated, how does the full game run on both Wii and DS?

No official system requirements have been released, but since most everything is procedurally generated, video card requirements won't necessarily be as high.

Personally, I'd bet if you can run Sims 2, you can run Spore.

Setra
2007-10-30, 04:03 PM
Personally, I'd bet if you can run Sims 2, you can run Spore.
My Stepmom (a sims fanatic) has a system that could run CRYSIS, and still says she doesn't run the Sims 2 well enough.

So yeah, probably.

Ichneumon
2007-10-30, 04:15 PM

I would like to second that. It will be a great game and I will certainly buy it, but it first needs to be released...

Triaxx
2007-10-31, 11:30 AM
And now we can celebrate even more. Because Spore has been announced for the Wii. Of course, I'm still going to pick up a copy for the PC.

Ranis
2007-10-31, 02:51 PM
It's coming out for the DS.

THE DS.

wtf.

Jaykell
2007-10-31, 02:54 PM
Spore RULES i cannot wait for it, need the demo

YPU
2007-11-01, 08:26 AM
It's coming out for the DS.

THE DS.

wtf.

it is? yay, that way i wont have to get vista.

Yuki Akuma
2007-11-01, 08:30 AM
The game for the Wii and the DS won't be the same as the game for the PC.

Aotrs Commander
2007-11-01, 09:20 AM
it is? yay, that way i wont have to get vista.

I don't think you'll have to anyway. Spore is, to the best of my knowledge - following a quick google search and from something I remember reading somewhere - XP based. Unless they're re-writing the entire game for Vista since the last push-back, which I would find unlikely, as practically all other new PC games are XP/Vista (StarCraft 2 for one).

According to latest news from gamespot, it's on target for April 2008.

I also cannot wait for it, since I've have always wanted someone to make Sim everything. Not only that but I can see the roleplaying applications will be endless.

Hey, there's a thought - maybe folks of limited artistic capability like myself could actually use it to create pictures for their bestiaries...

Archonic Energy
2007-11-01, 09:32 AM
Oh that is it, it's on...

i'm the Protoss....

heh

KazilDarkeye
2007-11-01, 09:41 AM
Call me unimaginative, but I'm shooting for a 2-Headed Velociraptor.

Though I do have a fixation for that weapon that blows up planets a la Death Star

Zangor
2007-11-01, 11:59 AM
You know, if it keeps getting pushed back, I'll have graduated by the time it's out. That's probably a good thing. I have a hard enough time paying attention in lectures as it is.:smallbiggrin: But if it comes out before that, I expect a slight hit to my GPA.