PDA

View Full Version : Cos question

tomjon
2020-05-20, 02:57 PM
In cos (curse of Strahd) if a hex blade uses ACCURSED SPECTER how would you handle it? Just let it work like normal (no fun) or perhaps an unwilling and unhappy specter, maybe start gaining the attention of the realm powers. Any ideas I love to hear.

Galithar
2020-05-20, 03:43 PM
In cos (curse of Strahd) if a hex blade uses ACCURSED SPECTER how would you handle it? Just let it work like normal (no fun) or perhaps an unwilling and unhappy specter, maybe start gaining the attention of the realm powers. Any ideas I love to hear.

I would play it by ear depending on the player. You're talking about messing with a players classes feature. If the player would enjoy the specter acting unwilling etc then you could do things like make it grumble about orders (though still required by the feature to obey). Maybe have anyone who sees the specter react negatively. I wouldn't do any of this if the player just wants the feature to do what it normally does.

JackPhoenix
2020-05-20, 07:33 PM
perhaps an unwilling and unhappy specter

There's any other kind?

Specter
2020-05-21, 10:52 AM
Just change the flavor around it. Maybe the specter looks just like the player, or sometimes begs to be removed from this existence, or something.