PDA

View Full Version : Warcaster vs Flash Recall at lvl4 in high lethality campaign

Drache64
2020-05-20, 04:11 PM
I'm a level 4 warforged bladesinger. I have a lot of spells because my last wizard died and my new character inherited the spell book.

Warcaster is great because I shadow blade, then booming blade, then booming blade again as a reaction. But flash recall pretty much unlocks my entire spell book because I can forget about preparing fringe spells like locate objects and just flash recall in the rare circumstances I need them.

Grod_The_Giant
2020-05-20, 04:30 PM
Assuming I'm looking at the right Flash Recall, I'd go with Warcaster-- not only is the offensive boost of reaction Booming Blade great, but never losing Concentration is key for a melee caster. And being able to TWF is usually the best option for a Bladesinger.

Drache64
2020-05-20, 04:43 PM
Assuming I'm looking at the right Flash Recall, I'd go with Warcaster-- not only is the offensive boost of reaction Booming Blade great, but never losing Concentration is key for a melee caster. And being able to TWF is usually the best option for a Bladesinger.
Really valuable feed back! Just to add to the conversation, I have 16 con (because warforged and good rolls) and I get +4 (from int) to my concentration checks during blade song which means I'm already making my concentration checks at +7.

Warcaster does mean I'm practically never failing checks....

And just to clarify for others (because it sounds like you got the right one) Flash Recall his from the critical roll tal'dorei Campaign.

Basically 1x per short rest you can use an action to swap a prepared spell with an unprepared one.

Warlush
2020-05-21, 04:20 PM
Warcaster is just so phenomenal. I would recommend it to any caster at lvl 4, but for melee casters... I don't like to say it's mandatory but you just feel gimped without it. I can't play a human warlock without taking this feat at lvl1.