PDA

View Full Version : Lv20 one shot help

Teaguethebean
2020-05-21, 12:43 AM
Hello playgrounders, I am going to be playing in a lv20 one shot made for munchkins, we need to kill a homebrew monstrosity more powerful than tiamat, sadly my typical strategy of nuclear wizard in one shots isn't going to work as this thing has the tarrasque's reflective carapace. So far we have a sorcerer and that is all I know, I will probs play a tank, Barbarian seems a good base but whether to mc or not is the question.

Stats are standard array with 8 points to be thrown wherever, a free feat and a ton of magic items, 1 legendary, 1 very rare, 3 rare, 1 uncommon and 50,000gp
Common rarity: 50gp
Uncommon: 500gp
Rare:5,000
Very rare: 50,000
Potions are half the price.

In the end what would you do with this set to defeat a near godlike being.

Stattick
2020-05-21, 02:40 AM
Tempus (or some other war god of your choice) was drunk. He looked down, saw an orc woman who was a total badass, so he went down and slept with her. Later, he was totally embarrassed by that. Worse yet, he got her pregnant.

Kavar has always known that his father is one of the most feared war gods. Yet, Kavar has always remained an unacknowledged bastard. Wanted by neither orcs nor humans, wanted by neither parent, he grew up with a chip on his shoulder. He was going to show them all. He was determined to become the most powerful half-orc in the world, and ascend into godhood.

Straight classed half-orc Barbarian Berserker (or Juggernaut). Push Str & Con to 20. At level 20, your capstone is an extra 4 points in both attributes. You'll want Great Weapon Master & Orcish Fury. Probably take Brawny too: expertise in Athletics, double your carrying capacity (more to inform your role-playing). Maybe Tavern Brawler too, if you can swing it (that way, everything is a weapon, and you can grapple like crazy). Think Hulk from Planet Hulk. You're seven or eight feet of solid green muscle and rage.

Look at Crit Fishing builds.

Equipment: Gurt's Greataxe - it deals 3d12 dmg, perfect for a fisher of crits. Not sure about the rest. Maybe something to make you bigger, or something you can use to Haste or otherwise gain extra attacks or rerolls.

CTurbo
2020-05-21, 04:43 AM
Half-Orc Champion Fighter 3, Berserker Barbarian 17 -Crit hard and often

Not sure how "point buy with an extra 8 points" works but you want to dump Str, have Dex and Con as high as possible, then Wis as high as possible and odd, and at least have a 12 in Int and Cha

Lengendary item - Belt of Storm Giant Strength which will set your Str at 29
Very Rare item - +3 Greataxe
Rare items - Ring of Protection, Bracers of Defense, Boots of Speed, Cloak of Displacement, +2 Longbow

GWF or Archery Fighting Style

Feats - GWM, Res(Wis), Alert, Lucky, and maybe SS or Tough

or

Hill Dwarf Forge Cleric 20 -AC of 27 before spells and never break concentration

Con and Wis maxed for sure, Str and Dex decently high (16-18) and Int and Cha at least 10-12

Lengendary item - +3 Plate
Very Rare item - Manual of Bodily Health for Con 22
rare items - Ring of Protection, Cloak of Displacement, +2 Shield, Wand of Fireballs, Mace of Smiting

Feats - Warcaster, Res(Con), Magic Initiate for Green Flame Blade and Find Familiar, and Dwarven Fortitude or Dwarven Resilience

or

Pretty much any level 20 Paladin with +3 Plate and +2 Shield. Go ahead and spend all gold on Belt of Storm Giant Str too.

or

Tabaxi Long Death Monk 20 -be impossible to catch or kill

20 Dex, Con, and Wis, with a respectable score in the other 3

Lengendary item - none lets get 2 extra Very Rare items instead?
Very Rare items - Staff of Power, Manual of Quickness of Action for Dex 22, Ring of Regeneration
Rare items - Bracers of Defense, Boots of Speed, Cloak of Displacement, Ring of Protection

Feats - Mobile, Alert, Lucky, Tough

CheddarChampion
2020-05-21, 03:02 PM
How about an Oath of the Ancients Paladin 20 with a Holy Avenger and Dwarven Plate.
Aasimar Devotion Paladin 11/Divine Soul Sorcerer 9 with PAM, GWM, a +3 Halberd, a Belt of Storm Giant Strength, a Potion of Speed, and the Holy Weapon spell (After using your CD, 1d20+18 to hit, 1d10+3d8+19 damage per hit, +20 with Aasimar Racial, +5d8 with a a smite). Alternatively - ignore GWM and take a Staff of Power instead of the +3 weapon.
Half-Elf Hexblade 9/Kensei 11 with a Vorpal Sword (greatsword). Shoot for those Nat 20's. Eldritch Smite when you do.

Whatever you pick, buy a Potion of Speed for concentration-free haste.
Other potentially amazing items include the Luck Blade and Armor of Invulnerability.

Eldariel
2020-05-21, 03:10 PM
Honestly, if you wanna be a level 20 tank, it's hard to do better than Moon Druid 20. You get infinite Wildshapes, casting while in Wildshape, and Wildshape as a bonus action (so essentially a bonus action for ~160 bonus HP). Then you also get Shapechange with all the goodies that provides (which are plentiful). And all the casting goodies while at it (and of course, magical melee attacks which kinda are a requirement if you want to have a prayer at doing damage to things on this level).

ThatoneGuy84
2020-05-29, 11:04 AM
20 Zealot barbarian
Half Orc
GWM

For ****s and giggles and extra fun
Hammer of thunderbolts
Belt of giant str
Gauntlets of oger power
30 STR.

iTreeby
2020-05-29, 03:50 PM
Hello playgrounders, I am going to be playing in a lv20 one shot made for munchkins, we need to kill a homebrew monstrosity more powerful than tiamat, sadly my typical strategy of nuclear wizard in one shots isn't going to work as this thing has the tarrasque's reflective carapace. So far we have a sorcerer and that is all I know, I will probs play a tank, Barbarian seems a good base but whether to mc or not is the question.

Stats are standard array with 8 points to be thrown wherever, a free feat and a ton of magic items, 1 legendary, 1 very rare, 3 rare, 1 uncommon and 50,000gp
Common rarity: 50gp
Uncommon: 500gp
Rare:5,000
Very rare: 50,000
Potions are half the price.

In the end what would you do with this set to defeat a near godlike being.

Legendary item: ioun stone of mastery

Very rare item: oathbow

Rare item 1:ammunition +2
Rare item 2:ammunition +2
Rare item 3:ammunition +2

Uncommon item: bracers of archery
Extra uncommon item 1: ring of obscuring
Extra uncommon item 2: cloak of elvenkind

For the build, their rogue 17 gloomstalker ranger 3

Ideally you get suprise because you are sneaky. So on the first attack you get advantage+7 proficiency +2 archery style+ 2 bracers +2 arrow +5 dex for a total of +18 to hit. 1d8 longbow, +9d6 Sneak attack, +3d6 for the oathbow +1d6 for hunters mark, second attack is only +3d6 for the oathbow +1d8 for the gloomstalker bonus attack thing +1d6 for hunters mark. Then you get your thief bonus turn, and do 1d8 longbow, +9d6 Sneak attack, +3d6 for the oathbow +1d6 for hunters mark all over again. And then the normal combat can begins, remember to get sneak attack on all of your x2 turns, keep away from melee and stuff.

Edit cus I can't read appropriate: Or actually play a barbarian I guess...