PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Advice Printing old D&D stuff

el minster
2020-05-21, 12:57 AM
Am I allowed to print out 3.5 rulebooks at home for personal use?

Khedrac
2020-05-21, 06:04 AM
We cannot give legal advice on this forum, sorry.

Something to consider, unless you have a legal electronic copy of the book then printing will not change the legality, however most legal electronic copies will allow printing for the same purposes as use of the electronic copy has been granted.

So my (non-legal) advice is to read the licence statement that came with the electronic copy.

Edit: added in the key word I accidentally left out

Willie the Duck
2020-05-21, 08:36 AM
We give legal advice on this forum, sorry.

To clarify, we can't give legal advice on this forum.

Khedrac
2020-05-21, 12:10 PM
To clarify, we can't give legal advice on this forum.

Now that was a bad typo - thank-you for the correction.

KillianHawkeye
2020-05-23, 04:01 AM
Am I allowed to print out 3.5 rulebooks at home for personal use?

If you do, don't tell us about it.

el minster
2020-05-23, 10:55 PM
If you do, don't tell us about it.

Why not? Is it illegal?

Grey_Wolf_c
2020-05-23, 11:10 PM
Why not? Is it illegal?

Listen to Khedrac:

We cannot give legal advice on this forum, sorry.

That includes our opinion on whether the printing would be illegal. Especially if it would be a professional opinion.

Grey Wolf

el minster
2020-05-24, 12:48 PM
Listen to Khedrac:

That includes our opinion on whether the printing would be illegal. Especially if it would be a professional opinion.

Grey Wolf

are you a lawyer then?

flat_footed
2020-05-24, 02:41 PM
The Fullmetal Mod: Please do not seek legal advice here. In addition, we have a very strict view on copyrighted materials:

Posting Copyrighted Content
Posting any copyrighted material without permission of the copyright holder is against the rules. Likewise, please do not link to copyrighted material being hosted elsewhere without the rights-holder's permission. Posts containing such content will be edited to remove that content. In particular, posts containing copyrighted material from game books that are not designated Open Gaming Content (OGC) will be edited to remove the copyrighted portions. As an example, mentioning a specific rule item or general mechanic, or explaining in general how it functions, does not violate this rule. However, posting an entire stat block for a monster or an entire character class would. OGC is published under the Open Gaming License. OGC may be reproduced in full, as per the terms of that license. Please keep in mind that material under the d20 License may not be OGC. When in doubt, refer to the primary source to see if there is a copy of the OGL included. Note that any content in the System Reference Document (SRD) can be reproduced as well.