PDA

View Full Version : The latest thoery on where that time went... [spoilers...i hope]

Storm Bringer
2007-10-26, 12:52 PM
now, obviously, i'm more than likey wide of the mark here, but heres my thoery on the three month gap thing:

A) Roy, lacking almost all of the normal feedback on time passing (tiredness, hunger, changing sun position, etc), simply lost track of time. I'd say most of it was spent in the climb up the mountain and in the room with his little brother (that's one BIG castle they built, and in that time grandpa decended form some way up the plane to meet him.)

B) the hold up in real time is because roys body has yet to meet a person who is able or willing to raise him.

why, i hear you ask? well, i presume that haley and belkar are going to have to travel, by foot, to another port where they can find a ship to catch up to the others.

however, i have a feeling that the other 3 members of the party basically decide to head on to the western lands oversea to stop Xykon form taking the gate thier (which the oracle told them he'd to go for next).3 months for a long distance sea jorney is quite reasonable for those sorts of ships. they have a sub plot involving that noble in purple and whatever he is working with.

now, as to how haley and belkar get thier, i'm thinking that either they bump into the airship captain and hitch a lift off him (long shot), or that roys amulet, which haley is so promonatly carrying, gets broken and celia helps them acorss.

okay then, how far fetched does that sound?

David Argall
2007-10-26, 02:02 PM
now, obviously, i'm more than likey wide of the mark here, but heres my thoery on the three month gap thing:

A) Roy, lacking almost all of the normal feedback on time passing (tiredness, hunger, changing sun position, etc), simply lost track of time. I'd say most of it was spent in the climb up the mountain and in the room with his little brother (that's one BIG castle they built, and in that time grandpa decended form some way up the plane to meet him.)

B) the hold up in real time is because roys body has yet to meet a person who is able or willing to raise him.

why, i hear you ask? well, i presume that haley and belkar are going to have to travel, by foot, to another port where they can find a ship to catch up to the others.

however, i have a feeling that the other 3 members of the party basically decide to head on to the western lands oversea to stop Xykon form taking the gate thier (which the oracle told them he'd to go for next).3 months for a long distance sea jorney is quite reasonable for those sorts of ships. they have a sub plot involving that noble in purple and whatever he is working with.

now, as to how haley and belkar get thier, i'm thinking that either they bump into the airship captain and hitch a lift off him (long shot), or that roys amulet, which haley is so promonatly carrying, gets broken and celia helps them acorss.

okay then, how far fetched does that sound?

a-Note that Gramps knew how long Roy had been dead. That makes any lack of notice theory dubious because Gramps would not notice either.
b-Rather clearly Roy-body has not managed to hook up with cleric and diamond. But the idea the shipboard 3 have just sailed off to the next gate won't do at all. We have mystery voice about to attack them. And we have a host of other loose ends in the city. So it will be some time before they can leave the city, and it will be as a group of 5.

Setra
2007-10-26, 02:05 PM
a-Note that Gramps knew how long Roy had been dead. That makes any lack of notice theory dubious because Gramps would not notice either.
That's not entirely true, he could just be used to how time passes in the afterlife. Whereas Roy is a recent arrival

Finwe
2007-10-26, 03:11 PM
I have a feeling that neither Durkon nor Haley's groups are currently doing too well. Durkon and crew probably ran into a lot of trouble with Kabuta (sp?) and the other corrupt nobles, whereas Haley and Belkar are probably somewhere in the wilderness wandering around.

P.S. This is a spoiler thread. You don't have to use those annoying spoiler tags within the context of a thread that is meant for spoilers.