PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Creating a being like Cell from DBZ

Ramshack
2020-05-21, 09:24 PM
Hey all,

Working on the next adventure arc for my group, and I've been inspired by Cell from DBZ. Not recreating him specifically, but using his trope of absorbing creatures and obtianing their powers.

I've had the idea of Cell, in my world, starting as a Flesh Golem, and then having a supernatural ability to absorb creatures, however when he does this he gains their strengths and their weaknesses, stats, feats, hit die, supernatural abilities, Absorb a wizard gain his High intelligence, spell book feats and hit die, did he tank other stats and have negatives, well he loses those stats too, absorb a werewolf, gain all the bonuses, but now he is weak to silver etc. He gain absorb the player characters too, gain the Barbarians rage, the fighter's action surge.

The golem will be hunting rare creatures and powerful citizens in my realm, my group must stop it before it becomes too powerful, or trick it into absorbing something giving it a weakness. My group are all 15th level, a Fighter/Barb, A wizard with the Theurge subclass, and a Paladin, Sorcerer all of which are pretty heavily optimized.

That being said, what would your perfect cell absorb, what his targets be. What would he avoid.

Zhorn
2020-05-22, 01:36 AM
Depending on their mental stats at the time, the targets will change.

High Wisdom: Targets with strengths to correct against current weaknesses
Low Wisdom: Double down on own current strengths, ignoring own weaknesses

High Intellect: Targets high stat targets for optimal gain
Low Intellect: Does not account for targets having major drawbacks

High Charisma: Ambitiously seeks targets of higher renown (arrogant, confident, high force of personality)
Low Charisma: Seeks targets it perceives as easily beatable (cautious, less brave)

if all mental stats drop too much, it reverts to just a base opportunistic feeder, little better than an savage animal just looking at eating and surviving.