PDA

View Full Version : DM Help UA Armorer and Monk Multiclass

Khrysaes
2020-05-22, 04:13 AM
Okay, this may have been asked.

Monk martial arts says that it works while they are not wearing armor. This makes sense as armor would impede their movements.

UA Artificer Armorer, infiltrator armor:
Second Skin. The armor’s weight is negligible, and it becomes formfitting and wearable under clothing. If the armor normally imposes disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks, the power armor doesn’t.

Now, obviously by RAW, this combo would not work.

But conceptually and thematically it seems like it should, should it be allowed?

GearsX
2020-05-22, 06:48 AM
As a dm I would probably let it work with things such as martial arts and all, only the infiltrator model though, but I would still make the character lose his unarmored bonus, pretty hard to get by that one.

Monks temper their minds and bodies. The armorers armor even though is very thin, is still armor and has it's own ac rules. And considering that the infiltrator's lightning shot works of int, you would need a VERY MAD build just to have it work properly, your stats would be very thinly spread.

nickl_2000
2020-05-22, 06:48 AM
Your table, your game, do what you like.

My table and my game, absolutely not.

FaerieGodfather
2020-05-22, 07:57 AM
There are other armors that don't give Disadvantage on Stealth checks that absolutely don't work with Monk class features.

Just because there's no mechanical penalty for wearing armor doesn't mean it stops being armor-- or, to reframe it, the loss of Monk class features is the armor penalty.