PDA

View Full Version : Warforged/Dragonborn of Bahamut

eyebreaker7
2020-05-22, 06:00 PM
Continuing this from my lizard post that got sidetracked.

Warforged unlike other constructs, is not immune to mind-effecting spells & abilities.

+2 Con but -2 Wis and -2 Cha both needed for a Paladin. Of course I don't HAVE to make him/her a Paladin. I just wanted the bonuses they get for their mounts. Any class can have a mount though.
I guess I would choose a sex before the transformation into a Dragonborn since Warforged don't have a sex. lol.

I could go Psychic Warrior but they also rely on Wisdom. Would go good with my Psion lizard though and they can get Body Adjustment at 4th level as my 1st 2nd level psionic power. That heals 1d12 or more if you spend the points. Only problem is that it does depend on power points. The Warforged doesn't get any bonus points that I see is it cost 3 points for the initial activation and +2 for each additional 1d12 healing you want at the same time. A 4th level Psychic Warrior only has 5 points to begin with but at least it would be something. As long as I didn't use any other powers already. Plus Wisdom bonus power points.

On the other hand a Paladin gets Lay on Hands as well as access to healing lesser spells.

Don't see any draconic feats in the PHB2 :(

Where is the Crusader. I found 2 online and one has spells up to level 9? The other is a homebrew?

Buufreak
2020-05-22, 06:50 PM
Crusader is from tome of battle. That is the only question I am actually seeing here, so perhaps refine your post into a coherent thought and try again?

Powerdork
2020-05-22, 07:22 PM
Would a bluespawn godslayer (which is a genderless monstrous humanoid birthed by a blue dragon blessed by Tiamat) just become male or female when they convert into a dragonborn of Bahamut?

Does undergoing the Rite of Rebirth help a transgender person gain the body type they want to have?

Think carefully about the kind of stories you want to tell, and the stories you're actually telling, about gender.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-05-22, 07:28 PM
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20070112a

Q: Dear Sage,
I desperately need your help! I need to know two things: whether a warforged can become a dragonborn of Bahamut (Races of the Dragon), and if so what are the racial traits I keep from the warforged list?
--Matt

A: Matt, the Sage is here to help.

Despite the misleading entry in the dragonborn racial traits that suggests that all dragonborn are humanoids, the only prerequisites for being reborn in this manner are a non-evil alignment and an Intelligence of 3 or better. Thus, there’s nothing stopping a warforged from undergoing this ritual and dedicating himself to the service of Bahamut.

A warforged who becomes a dragonborn would be a construct with the living construct and dragonblood subtypes. He’d retain his warforged ability score modifiers and favored class.

He’d also retain all traits derived from the living construct subtype, including immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain; inability to heal damage naturally; vulnerability to certain metal- or wood-affecting spells; and half effect from healing spells. He’d still become inert at –1 to –9 hp, and he still wouldn’t need to eat, sleep, or breathe.

However, he would lose his composite plating, light fortification, and slam attack.

The next logical question, of course, is whether the dragonborn warforged can select feats that would improve his now-absent composite plating. Technically, these feats don’t list composite plating as a prerequisite, so it appears the answer would be yes.

The Unarmored Body feat (Races of Eberron pg. 120) supports this ruling, as it indicates that other feats that adjust the character’s armor bonus could be selected later, even though he technically doesn’t have the composite plating’s armor bonus any more.

eyebreaker7
2020-05-22, 07:33 PM
Crusader is from tome of battle. That is the only question I am actually seeing here, so perhaps refine your post into a coherent thought and try again?

I'm basically throwing options out there and getting thoughts/ideas back about them as suggestions. I said "Don't see any draconic feats in the PHB2 :(" because MaxiDuRarity mentioned that he thought they might be in the PHB2 so I looked and didn't find any.

Continuing this from my lizard post that got sidetracked.

Warforged unlike other constructs, is not immune to mind-effecting spells & abilities. +2 Con but -2 Wis and -2 Cha both needed for a Paladin.
Of course I don't HAVE to make him/her a Paladin. I just wanted the bonuses they get for their mounts. Any class can have a mount though.

I guess I would choose a sex before the transformation into a Dragonborn since Warforged don't have a sex. lol.

I could go Psychic Warrior but they also rely on Wisdom. Would go good with my Psion lizard though and they can get Body Adjustment at 4th level as my 1st 2nd level psionic power. That heals 1d12 or more if you spend the points. Only problem is that it does depend on power points. The Warforged doesn't get any bonus points that I see is it cost 3 points for the initial activation and +2 for each additional 1d12 healing you want at the same time. A 4th level Psychic Warrior only has 5 points to begin with but at least it would be something. As long as I didn't use any other powers already. Plus Wisdom bonus power points.

On the other hand a Paladin gets Lay on Hands as well as access to healing lesser spells.

Don't see any draconic feats in the PHB2 :(

Where is the Crusader. I found 2 online and one has spells up to level 9? The other is a homebrew?

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-22, 08:21 PM
Warforged unlike other constructs, is not immune to mind-effecting affecting spells & abilities.This is 100% true. However, warforged are constructs, not humanoids. What creature type is exclusively affected by the dominate person and charm person spells? Humanoids.

+2 Con but -2 Wis and -2 Cha both needed for a Paladin. Of course I don't HAVE to make him/her a Paladin. I just wanted the bonuses they get for their mounts. Any class can have a mount though.While an issue, it's not that big of one, especially with templates available to take. A -1 to some things and a +1 to others isn't too big a problem unless you're rolling for stats or have a really small point buy. Also, don't forget that you can be an older warforged, which gives you a -1 to physical stats and a +1 to mental ones, which can mitigate this a bit.

The Wild Cohort feat grants an animal companion, as well, or you could buy one (albeit without automatic upgrades unless you have Leadership and use it as a cohort or follower). You could also be a druid.

I guess I would choose a sex before the transformation into a Dragonborn since Warforged don't have a sex. lol.That...is more of a fluff issue, really. If you want to give your warforged a physical sex and a gender identity, go for it, but given what Races of the Dragon says about it, that dragonborn have no interest in sex or romance at all, I don't think it's going to affect much, assuming you aren't mind-controlled or otherwise forced into copulation (and thus might have the possibility of enforced pregnancy), but if that's the case, your game has bigger problems than that. Your games may vary, I suppose, but it's really up to both you and the DM how to handle this one.

I could go Psychic Warrior but they also rely on Wisdom. Would go good with my Psion lizard though and they can get Body Adjustment at 4th level as my 1st 2nd level psionic power. That heals 1d12 or more if you spend the points. Only problem is that it does depend on power points. The Warforged doesn't get any bonus points that I see is it cost 3 points for the initial activation and +2 for each additional 1d12 healing you want at the same time. A 4th level Psychic Warrior only has 5 points to begin with but at least it would be something. As long as I didn't use any other powers already. Plus Wisdom bonus power points.True. Though healing isn't the best for psionic characters, you'd still gain 100% benefit from what you do get.

On the other hand a Paladin gets Lay on Hands as well as access to healing lesser spells.Yes? Though it is a supernatural ability, so warforged take half-healing from it.

Don't see any draconic feats in the PHB2 :(No draconic feats, but there should be the Vigor aura from dragon shaman that you can take with Draconic Aura.

Where is the Crusader. I found 2 online and one has spells up to level 9? The other is a homebrew?It's the Tome of Battle martial initiator class. It has a stance that heals one person in range of 2 hp every time you make an attack, and a few maneuvers that heal you when you use them.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-05-22, 08:45 PM
Draconic feats can likely be found in the books Dragon Magic and Races of the Dragon.

As others have said, Crusader is a base class in the book Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords, it doesn't cast spells but it gets martial maneuvers and stances, a new mechanic introduced in that book.

If you want to make a tanky character, a Dragonborn Warforged Crusader is probably the way to go. You can still take Warforged feats like Adamantine Body and Improved Fortification as a Dragonborn. Use the heart aspect from Dragonborn to get a breath attack, and take the feat Entangling Exhalation in RotD. Use that as often as possible to keep your opponents debuffed, they'll be less capable of moving past you to attack softer targets and since it deals damage every round they'll be more likely to attack your character. On the rounds you can't use that, make melee attacks with martial strikes like Crusader Strike, Mountain Hammer, etc. Always trade out your less useful low level maneuvers for higher level ones whenever you get the chance, and be sure to take Extra Granted Maneuver.

A good build if you reasonably expect to reach high levels is Crusader 5/ Binder 1/ Hellreaver 5/ Crusader 9. Hellreaver is a prestige class in Fiendish Codex II, Binder is a base class in Tome of Magic that introduces a new binding mechanic. At Hellreaver 5 (11th level) you want to always bind Naberius for fast ability healing, so you can recover from using Heroic Sacrifice after just two rounds and basically have an endless supply of holy fury to spam your Hellreaver abilities. None of the healing effects of Crusader maneuvers/stances or Divine Succor are Conjuration (Healing) effects, they'll heal a living construct just as well as anyone else, even if you take Improved Fortification.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-22, 08:55 PM
If you want to make a tanky character, a Dragonborn Warforged Crusader is probably the way to go. You can still take Warforged feats like Adamantine Body and Improved Fortification as a Dragonborn. Use the heart aspect from Dragonborn to get a breath attack, and take the feat Entangling Exhalation in RotD. Use that as often as possible to keep your opponents debuffed, they'll be less capable of moving past you to attack softer targets and since it deals damage every round they'll be more likely to attack your character. On the rounds you can't use that, make melee attacks with martial strikes like Crusader Strike, Mountain Hammer, etc. Always trade out your less useful low level maneuvers for higher level ones whenever you get the chance, and be sure to take Extra Granted Maneuver.The OP wants to use a mount, so White Raven maneuvers are extremely good for him. Allowing his mount to make additional moves and attacks and get extra benefits on a charge (especially with pounce involved) can have him zipping around the battlefield like a man on fire. Even better if the mount can fly. Dipping into both crusader and warblade would be very nice, since it'd grant more maneuvers to use for this.

eyebreaker7
2020-05-22, 09:24 PM
The Wild Cohort feat grants an animal companion, as well, or you could buy one (albeit without automatic upgrades unless you have Leadership and use it as a cohort or follower). You could also be a druid.
Druids can't use a lance or great swords.

That...is more of a fluff issue, really. If you want to give your warforged a physical sex and a gender identity, go for it, but given what Races of the Dragon says about it, that dragonborn have no interest in sex or romance at all, I don't think it's going to affect much, assuming you aren't mind-controlled or otherwise forced into copulation (and thus might have the possibility of enforced pregnancy), but if that's the case, your game has bigger problems than that. Your games may vary, I suppose, but it's really up to both you and the DM how to handle this one. (b)Dragonborn do have a sex right? So I'd just have to pick one even though they have no interest in sex they do still have one.

True. Though healing isn't the best for psionic characters, you'd still gain 100% benefit from what you do get.

Yes? Though it is a supernatural ability, so warforged take half-healing from it.

No draconic feats, but there should be the Vigor aura from dragon shaman that you can take with Draconic Aura.Found it/them. But I don't see anything saying non-dragon shaman can get them?

It's the Tome of Battle martial initiator class. It has a stance that heals one person in range of 2 hp every time you make an attack, and a few maneuvers that heal you when you use them.

Tome of Battle? That's one I don't have :(

eyebreaker7
2020-05-22, 09:26 PM
Would a bluespawn godslayer (which is a genderless monstrous humanoid birthed by a blue dragon blessed by Tiamat) just become male or female when they convert into a dragonborn of Bahamut?

Does undergoing the Rite of Rebirth help a transgender person gain the body type they want to have?

Think carefully about the kind of stories you want to tell, and the stories you're actually telling, about gender.

Well since Warforged ARE sexless and Dragonborn HAVE A SEX they just don't have interest in it, I need to figure out what sex to become don't I?

eyebreaker7
2020-05-22, 10:00 PM
If you want to make a tanky character, a Dragonborn Warforged Crusader is probably the way to go. You can still take Warforged feats like Adamantine Body and Improved Fortification as a Dragonborn.

You can? Benefit: A dragonborn loses many of her original racial traits and gains the racial traits of the dragonborn race How do you tell what you keep/lose?

Use the heart aspect from Dragonborn to get a breath attack, and take the feat Entangling Exhalation in RotD. Use that as often as possible to keep your opponents debuffed, they'll be less capable of moving past you to attack softer targets and since it deals damage every round they'll be more likely to attack your character. I like that idea.

A good build if you reasonably expect to reach high levels is Crusader 5/ Binder 1/ Hellreaver 5/ Crusader 9.
[b]We limit the number of classes to 3 I think I'm going to go with the Psychic Warrior. Always wanted one but never made one.

Powerdork
2020-05-22, 10:05 PM
Please think more about the possible answers to my first question.

Also, please refrain from double-posting. The rules say it's frowned upon.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-05-22, 10:18 PM
[b]We limit the number of classes to 3 I think I'm going to go with the Psychic Warrior. Always wanted one but never made one.

I already linked the page at WotC that says a Warforged who becomes a Dragonborn keeps everything from the Living Construct subtype, and only loses the composite plating, light fortification, and slam attack.

The build I suggested is only three classes, it just resumes taking one of them at the later levels.

For making a Psychic Warrior, here's the Mantled Warrior (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) alternate class feature, and here's a handbook to read (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?162701-3-5-The-Psychic-Warrior-Handbook). Pay attention to the Psicrystal trick with Share Pain and Vigor.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-22, 11:02 PM
I already linked the page at WotC that says a Warforged who becomes a Dragonborn keeps everything from the Living Construct subtype, and only loses the composite plating, light fortification, and slam attack.

The build I suggested is only three classes, it just resumes taking one of them at the later levels.

For making a Psychic Warrior, here's the Mantled Warrior (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) alternate class feature, and here's a handbook to read (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?162701-3-5-The-Psychic-Warrior-Handbook). Pay attention to the Psicrystal trick with Share Pain and Vigor.In that same ACF link, Soulbound Weapon is fantastic. Automatically having a fully adjustable +X weapon whenever you need one is great, especially if you pick an especially versatile weapon, like an elvencraft longbow, or a sand (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?415149-Sand-Blaster-MM3) blaster (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?444154-MM3-Sand-Blaster-Exotic-Weapon-Optimization).

If you go psywar, you definitely want the Linked Power feat, from Complete Psionic, and invest a bit in reach, Improved Trip, and AoOs. Learn how to make the most of your lowest level powers (such as expansion) and use your actions to manifest while you use AoOs (and tripping) to attack. Avoid taking direct blasty powers and instead use longer term manifestations to save power points.

If you take Leadership for a mount at higher levels, make sure your mount and any other followers you take share the same power list so you can use their powers known (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=23801600&postcount=393e).

Also, later on you'll want to invest in learning metamorphosis (possibly via the Natural World mantle, purchasing it as a power known via psychic chirurgery, taking Expanded Knowledge, or simply having access to the Natural World mantle and using a follower to manifest it on yourself via using their powers known), then building yourself a psychoactive skin of proteus for at-will metamorphosis. Shapeshifting is insanely useful and will boost your offense, defense, mobility, and versatility immeasurably. But that's later on.

Starting as a warforged psywar with access to psionic minor creation will ensure that you always have a large source of poison on-hand that you are immune to. And with Linked Power, you can pull it up in the first round of combat.

Rebel7284
2020-05-22, 11:14 PM
Well since Warforged ARE sexless and Dragonborn HAVE A SEX they just don't have interest in it, I need to figure out what sex to become don't I?

As alluded to before, you certainly don't need to figure that out as there are a ton of non-binary and intersex human beings. You're turning into a magical dragon-like creature. Why would those be MORE tied to the gender binary than humans?

eyebreaker7
2020-05-22, 11:15 PM

I would think they would become the sex of their choice upon transformation. If they don't already have one. If they DO already have one then I'd say ask the DM if you can change your sex during the transformation.. Let them be what they want. It IS for fun gaming so why not :cool:

eyebreaker7
2020-05-22, 11:17 PM
As alluded to before, you certainly don't need to figure that out as there are a ton of non-binary and intersex human beings. You're turning into a magical dragon-like creature. Why would those be MORE tied to the gender binary than humans?

So Dragonborn are sexless?

Sorry I keep double or triple posting. I don't know how else to answer multiple posts with quotes.

Powerdork
2020-05-22, 11:24 PM
If you're on the desktop version of the site, there's a button, "Reply With Quote", but next to it is a button that looks like a quotation mark with a + next to it. When you click that, it adds that post as a quote in your next reply.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-22, 11:25 PM
So Dragonborn are sexless?They have less of a tie to sex than most creatures, as they have zero interest in it, typically, and warforged don't have actual sexes at all (although they can and frequently do have self-granted gender identities). You can give your dragonborn warforged sex organs if you like, and even an active libido, although it's not a requirement that you do so. Whether you do or don't is all up to you and is between you and your group, as it's largely a fluff/roleplaying choice.

Sorry I keep double or triple posting. I don't know how else to answer multiple posts with quotes.Assuming you're on a PC and not a phone, you can hit the little quotation mark in the lower right of a post to add it to your quoting roster, or you can manually edit your posts to add further quotes if you need to, though that takes a bit of juggling.

eyebreaker7
2020-05-22, 11:38 PM
If you're on the desktop version of the site, there's a button, "Reply With Quote", but next to it is a button that looks like a quotation mark with a + next to it. When you click that, it adds that post as a quote in your next reply.
Ahah! Cool. Thanks for pointing that feature out. Definitely need to remember it.

They have less of a tie to sex than most creatures, as they have zero interest in it, typically, and warforged don't have actual sexes at all (although they can and frequently do have self-granted gender identities). You can give your dragonborn warforged sex organs if you like, and even an active libido, although it's not a requirement that you do so. Whether you do or don't is all up to you and is between you and your group, as it's largely a fluff/roleplaying choice.

Assuming you're on a PC and not a phone, you can hit the little quotation mark in the lower right of a post to add it to your quoting roster, or you can manually edit your posts to add further quotes if you need to, though that takes a bit of juggling.
Thank you for pointing it out too.
About the sex bit and dragonborn. I still don't understand why you say it doesn't matter? Again I ask, are dragonborn sexless like warforged? Otherwise I will need to pick a sex that wont really matter much until I decide which bathroom to go into :tongue:

Rebel7284
2020-05-22, 11:46 PM
About the sex bit and dragonborn. I still don't understand why you say it doesn't matter? Again I ask, are dragonborn sexless like warforged? Otherwise I will need to pick a sex that wont really matter much until I decide which bathroom to go into :tongue:

Which bathroom did the Warforged go into before becoming Dragonborn if they needed a room with some privacy for whatever reason?

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-22, 11:53 PM
Thank you for pointing it out too.Fo' sho'.

About the sex bit and dragonborn. I still don't understand why you say it doesn't matter? Again I ask, are dragonborn sexless like warforged? Otherwise I will need to pick a sex that wont really matter much until I decide which bathroom to go into :tongue:Dragonborn made from regular biological races will have whatever sex they had prior to becoming dragonborn, but (according to the official dragonborn lore) they lose all interest in reproduction and romance, and so their physical sex doesn't much matter after that. Nothing is written on what happens when a sexless creature (such as a warforged) becomes one, but since other creatures retain their sex, it's likely that a sexless creature would likewise become a sexless dragonborn.

However, it's your character, and it only affects very specific creature abilities and maybe the occasional spell or magic item mechanically, so it's mostly roleplaying and fluff. If you want your warforged to become male or female (or hermaphrodite, or other, since getting magic involved can get quite strange, and things like budding and fission are viable reproductive strategies in biological systems) when gaining the dragonborn template, that's entirely up to you and your DM.

It largely doesn't matter aside from roleplay, unless, again, you're dealing with a creature that only uses its powers on a certain sex (such as a succubus that specializes in seducing males, for example), a creature that can only be affected by one sex (such as the legends about unicorns only being touchable by an innocent female) or a magic item that is limited to only being used by one sex. Those are all corner-cases, though, and they don't (as far as I know) come up that often. And obviously, it will come up with societal and gender norms, and it might come up regarding things like laws, since some can be quite draconian, and gender roles are a thing, no matter how "evolved" a given human(oid) culture might be.

eyebreaker7
2020-05-23, 12:05 AM
The only thing I can think of about it coming into play is if someone was asked to give a description of them or something like that. Or "He said blah blah blah...." Other than stuff like that your right it doesn't matter.

Another question I have (imagine that) the book says:

"Powers Known
A psychic warrior begins play knowing one psychic warrior power of your choice. Each time he achieves a new level, he unlocks the knowledge of a new power."

Does that mean he just unlocks them or does he have to have someone work with him to do it?

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-23, 02:36 AM
Another question I have (imagine that) the book says:

"Powers Known
A psychic warrior begins play knowing one psychic warrior power of your choice. Each time he achieves a new level, he unlocks the knowledge of a new power."

Does that mean he just unlocks them or does he have to have someone work with him to do it?Just like with most other classes, you just gain the knowledge of the power(s) (or spell[s], in the case of most spellcasters) whenever you gain the level.

Of course, classes like wizards and most divine casters have different mechanics for this (ie, adding spells to a spellbook for wizards, or just having all spells granted as spells known in the case of warmages, dread necromancers, beguilers, and most divine casters), but all psionic manifesters automatically gain their powers upon level-up. You're supposed to be spending downtime meditating to unlock this knowledge, but however you fluff it, once you gain your level, you gain your power(s) known.

Erudite psions are an exception; yes, they gain powers upon level-up, but they can also learn extra powers similarly to how wizards learn extra spells.

Powerdork
2020-05-23, 04:12 AM
In the narrative, you can explain it however you want. You can say it's power gained only through your close bond with your psion elan mother, if you so choose, and you can make mechanical choices that reflect it, like taking that next psychic warrior level.

But ultimately, no class has a requirement for gaining power unless it explicitly says so or the DM follows the optional rule in the Dungeon Master's Guide that says, "You can mandate that to gain any of the newfound class-based benefits earned by advancing a level, a character needs to perform some overall training. This training requires one week per every two levels, rounded up. Training requires a character to train with a character of the same class who is higher in level and costs 1,000 gp per week. If no such trainer can be found, the cost is the same, but the time required is doubled. The money goes into fees, consultants, material component experiments, and other miscellaneous expenditures. Without the training, a character cannot acquire more hit points, class features, saving throw and attack bonus increases, spells per day, skill points, new spells, and so on."

Malphegor
2020-05-23, 07:23 AM

In general, since afaik the Dragonborn of Bahamut cannot breed, I’ve personally subscribed to the idea that the resultant form is essentially sexless as a vessel for Bahamut’s will unto the world, and just retains enough biological functions to be Bahamut’s footsoldier and little else.

That’s the kinda dark option since it means a huge change to a person that’s more or less irreversible that might not align with the person’s own goals.

Alternatively the rite of rebirth is indeed a rebirth, and as you emerge fully grown from your egg coccoon, you’re not just a draconic idealised shape of who you were, you are a draconic idealised shape of who you want to be. The weak are strong. The sly seem weaker than they are. The clever look wise. Those who are ladies in mind seem more ladyish. Those who posess the spirit of manliness, are manlier. You are wholly reborn, not just as a vessel for Bahamut, but a loyal one, for Bahamut has given you the body that was inside you all along, as a gift in exchange for your service.

This is the lighter option.

I tend to go darker because I like a bit of horror, but there’s a lot of merit in the lighter option since it’s in Bahamut’s best interests that his supersoldier emissaries are happy with the changes so they fight ever more determinedly against the forces of evil.

ShurikVch
2020-05-23, 09:07 AM
See? I'm as anatomically impaired as a Ken doll.Metatron (Dogma (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogma_(film))) :smallamused:

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-23, 03:06 PM
My question is, what happens when a Human Heritage warforged dragonborn becomes an elan? (Using a thought bottle to retain his XP total, of course.)

Honestly, elan should've been a LA 0 template, not a race.

ShurikVch
2020-05-23, 03:11 PM
My question is, what happens when a Human Heritage warforged dragonborn becomes an elan? (Using a thought bottle to retain his XP total, of course.)

Honestly, elan should've been a LA 0 template, not a race.
It's very simple: Warforged aren't legit for Human Heritage, since they aren't descendants of Humans (or, for that matter, anybody else)

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-23, 03:27 PM
It's very simple: Warforged aren't legit for Human Heritage, since they aren't descendants of Humans (or, for that matter, anybody else)Constructs can be made out of biological parts [see: flesh golem; also bone skeleton for a frame, humanoid brainmeats, human soul, etc], and if one's creator is human, there's that, too.

It's a fluff requirement, mostly, so it's entirely possible to take Human Heritage as pretty much any race you care for, so long as you can justify coming from a human in some way.

Ruethgar
2020-05-23, 05:30 PM
Spell Side Effects work with items, for example getting Martial Spirit Stance from an item could instead heal 2d4+2 per hit, add on Wrathful for a +50% damage done. If allowed, I love using Vitalist to then spread that healing around.