PDA

View Full Version : [PF] 3.5 Gestalt Rules - FF14 Dancer

Zebraoracle
2020-05-22, 09:54 PM
Hey there. I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to make this character. The idea is a FF14 dancer (dual wield chakrams, agile, buffs the party). I'm trying to think of what would be a good combination of classes to gestalt together to make this character. I'm assuming bard would be a good pick. Any suggestions?

3.5 Gestalt rules are being used.
Spheres content is allowed.

Thanks a bunch!

lylsyly
2020-05-23, 09:16 AM
Rogue 1/Fighter 1/Rogue +18///Bard 10/Sublime Chord 10 is quick and dirty.

If you want to forget about Sneak Attack go with Martial Rogue variant to get the fighter bonus feats. TWF is rather feat intensive. Going with the Martial Rogue Variant from the SRD lets you use the fighter bonus feats for that and your regular feats for buffing the Bard goodies or Spelcaasting.

just my 2 coppers ;-)

Silvercrys
2020-05-23, 10:40 AM
Starknife has a lot of support in Pathfinder, it's like a bladed chakram kind of? There's a feat you can take to use CHA to attack and damage rolls (Divine Fighting Style: Desna's Shooting Star) and you can also take it as a bonus feat by replacing one of your Versatile Performances as a bard.

Plain old Chakram doesn't have much specific support but if you're okay with taking an attack/damage hit and pumping Dex and Cha both you don't lose too much (Startoss Style/Startoss Comet/Startoss Shower work with both)

Warpriest 20//Bard 20 gives you good base damage with your thrown weapon and twice as many buff spells, etc.

Ninja 20//Bard 20 gives you sneak attack instead of better base damage and more spells?

If you're going Dex Chakram instead of Cha Starknife, Unchained Rogue 20//Bard 20 or Unchained Rogue 3/Warpriest 17//Bard 20 is probably better so you get Dex to Damage.

Zebraoracle
2020-05-23, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, but I've since decided to closet this idea until I'm more familiar with Spheres content and am going with a Monster Hunter World bow theme lol

Buufreak
2020-05-24, 12:44 AM
Ever consider looking at the ff d20 conversation?

DeTess
2020-05-24, 03:04 AM
I know you've discarded the idea, but I'm actually playing a character based on the dancer's mechanics right now using Path of War's mystic. If you come back to it, that might be worth taking a look at.

Ramza00
2020-05-24, 09:52 AM
I know you've discarded the idea, but I'm actually playing a character based on the dancer's mechanics right now using Path of War's mystic. If you come back to it, that might be worth taking a look at.

I was thinking the same thing but did not post earlier. Mystic plus some Bard with the Rubato archetype (no spells, maneuvers instead, plus some other changes.)

Then use Rajah or a psionic class that gives Spirit of Many Colllective (several sources) or Zealot's Echoes of Steel Collective to boost your allies with powers, spells, or maneuvers.