PDA

View Full Version : Feebleminded

Fiery Justice
2007-10-26, 02:30 PM
Okay, so I was working on a really, really foul minded slavers, and I'm gonna give them some feebleminded slaves. Just how dumb, really, is 1 INT. Should Animal Handling be applied? How should I handle this? The game book says their still smart enough to distinguish their friends and their foes, does this make them "untamable"?

Kyeudo
2007-10-26, 02:36 PM
Int 1 means they respond only to their own urges and needs. Treat them as you would a monstrous spider. If they don't like you, they attack. If they are hungry, the eat. etc.

CrazedGoblin
2007-10-26, 02:40 PM
like zombies, BRRAAAAAIINSSS!!!:smallbiggrin:

mostlyharmful
2007-10-26, 02:47 PM
Yup, animal handling should apply. which means over time you could train them to recognise you as their friend, even teach them a few simple tricks. Just bear in mind that they aren't even smart for animals, they're about as dumb as you can get, think some of the modern strains of dairy cow which can be taught to come to a bell for food and when to converge on the farm to be milked and thats about it and both of those in response to their own biological urges.

Miles Invictus
2007-10-26, 02:53 PM
Special

You can use this skill on a creature with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2 that is not an animal, but the DC of any such check increases by 5. Such creatures have the same limit on tricks known as animals do.

So, you're good on taming and training them.

I think that clause is primarily meant to allow feebleminded characters to contribute in a fight, though I can see them being Hostile or Unfriendly to their slavers (and whoever feebleminded them in the first place) until they've been broken in.

Chronos
2007-10-26, 03:00 PM
Just bear in mind that they aren't even smart for animals, they're about as dumb as you can getRight. Most mammals are Int 2. When you're driving along and there are some pigeons in the road in your way, and they slowly walk to the edge of the road before doing the whole "flight" thing, and then when they do fly, fly right back into your path, that's Int 1.

Wolfwood2
2007-10-26, 03:10 PM
Be very careful about having those slavers use Feeblemind on your PCs.

It takes a Heal, Limited Wish, or Wish to cure. That's serious magic, and if they don't have access to it then a PC might as well be dead. In fact, deadness is easier to cure.