PDA

View Full Version : Spell combinations shennanigans

Cikomyr2
2020-05-24, 09:59 AM
I was thinking something. You can cast Enlarge/Reduce on a *humanoid*. But if the humanoid somehow stops being a humanoid, does the spell effect ends?

What if you cast Enlarge or Reduce on your druid buddy, who then wild shapes? Can you have giant scorpions, giant elephants, giant bears?

Aeriox
2020-05-24, 10:08 AM
In my PHB it says you cast it on a creature or object, so basically anything. You can enlarge whatever you want, including a wild shaped friend.

beargryllz
2020-05-24, 11:37 AM
Cast reduce on a locked door and then walk through it

Cikomyr2
2020-05-24, 11:49 AM
In my PHB it says you cast it on a creature or object, so basically anything. You can enlarge whatever you want, including a wild shaped friend.

Daaamn

Any specific buff that is meant to be cast on a humanoid only?

DrKerosene
2020-05-25, 04:38 AM

I think Calm Emotions is relevant, if a humanoid druid is Feared or Charmed, Calmed, and then Wildshapes. Also, Warding Bond might technically fit due to the platinum ring specification.

If you’re still looking specifically for weird Druid Wildshape interactions, then Charm Person and Animal Friendship could be a little weird. Beast Bond comes to mind if you start with a Druid in animal form who reverts.

That’s all I can think of at this time.

You can cast Tongues on a random beast (or other creatures), and then I guess use the Friendship cantrip on yourself, but that’s not technically relevant.

MaxWilson
2020-05-25, 12:22 PM

Magic Jar on a Gold Dragon while it's in humanoid form.

MrCharlie
2020-05-25, 01:02 PM
Magic Jar on a Gold Dragon while it's in humanoid form.
On a similar note (but not a spell), intellect devourers. Which I have, indeed, seen before. The party figured it out before the end of all things.

Soul Cage technically works like magic jar, but you start getting into questions with timing.