PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A (3.5) Question about Chameleon bonus feat + Factotum (Font of Inspiration)

ForeverFate
2020-05-25, 06:19 PM
I'm building a changeling character and had a question about a combo I noticed could (maybe) be possible.

Chameleons have a bonus feat at level 2 that can be changed every day.

Font of Inspiration states: You can take this multiple times. Each time you take this feat after the first time, the number of inspiration points you gain increases by 1 (for example, you gain 2 inspiration points if you take the feat a second time). The maximum number of times you can take this feat is equal to your Intelligence modifier.

So I was wondering, if i take font of inspiration as my bonus feat say day 1, and then take something else day 2, and then font of inspiration again day 3, would I gain the additional inspiration points? Because when I took it on day 1 that is the "first time" I took the feat, and on day 3 it would be the second time, not the first time anymore, technically.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Esprit15
2020-05-25, 06:43 PM
If you were a computer with poorly written code? Yes. If you were a sane DM? No.

ForeverFate
2020-05-25, 06:46 PM
If you were a computer with poorly written code? Yes. If you were a sane DM? No.

Understandable. Admittedly, I'm reading the text very literally and it seems technically sound, but quite broken.

Griswold
2020-05-25, 10:59 PM
If you're going to read the rules with that level of strictness, you clearly need to take Psionic Body and (possibly) Psionic Talent, to get infinite hp and power points.

Zaq
2020-05-26, 01:20 AM
Hmm. If you're going TO anyway, then this technically should work with daremetoidareyo's Tio Hexblahday (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=22959008&postcount=58) trick. (Which is a strong contender for most amusing Iron Chef entry I've ever been sent, so I definitely recommend reading it if you haven't already.)

Doctor Despair
2020-05-26, 12:12 PM
Hmm. If you're going TO anyway, then this technically should work with daremetoidareyo's Tio Hexblahday (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=22959008&postcount=58) trick. (Which is a strong contender for most amusing Iron Chef entry I've ever been sent, so I definitely recommend reading it if you haven't already.)

I love the stream of consciousness-style, haha. I skimmed it a bit, but I wonder if Tio could do the same with a different race if he also took the Wedded to History feat for immortality.