PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Wildfire Druid Feats

Skuxintux
2020-05-26, 05:56 PM
My Wood Elf Wildfire Druid is about to become 4th level and I was hoping to ask for some advice on what feat/ASI to choose. During combat, it's a mix between casting fire spells and healing, as well as summoning his fire spirit. We're playing in a West March style so the party and the adventure is different every session.

His stats are the following: Str (10), Dex (14), Con (14), Int (10), Wis (16), Cha (11).

The following are what I've considered: Wis +2, Wood Elf Magic, Elven Accuracy (Cha +1), Elemental Adept, War Caster or Resilient (Cha +1). Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance!

P. G. Macer
2020-05-26, 06:18 PM
Don’t do Resilient (CHA). Charisma saves aren’t common enough to justify it, and you can only take Resilient once.

Elven Accuracy and Elemental Adept are good choices, as is +2 Wisdom.

WaroftheCrans
2020-05-26, 06:38 PM
Resilient Con and Warcaster are nice if you value your concentration, and want to use it often.

Elven Accuracy I'd take the Wis+1, and follow it up with another half feat for wisdom down the line. Observant is the only other official one, but each of the wisdom ability checks has a UA feat for it, ie. perceptive. Considering you're a UA subclass, I doubt that's an issue.
The benefit of raising your charisma to 12 isn't very good, as with the abundance of Charisma casters that 5e has, you will likely never be the face. Macer already covered the saves.

Wood Elf Magic seems redundant with a druid, but if you feel the need for another cantrip and those spells, by all means. Personally Magic Initiate Cleric/Wizard feels better.

Eriol
2020-05-27, 07:56 PM
I'm playing a Wildfire druid (wood elf) who just hit level 4, and after some agonizing decisions, went with the +2 to wis. It's just useful more times than the others. When the others are useful, they will be useful but this early, it's better to have that +1 to everything you do. I'm pretty sure 8 will be Elemental Adept (fire) though.

Good luck with it. I'm having fun with the class, I hope you are too.